I am trying to download the AT&T TeleNav GPS Navigator and I receive the following message:"The IT Policy does not allow downloading third-party applications".
    Please advice.
    Thanks!
    02-28-08 09:13 PM
    You have to contact your IT department and see if they will allow you to download third party applications
    My company is the same way and won't allow any downloads
    Good luck
    02-29-08 06:57 AM
    Some IT depts are stricter than others. I'm on the BES and I have only been blocked from loading Opera Mini and VTap. I have been able to download everything else.
    02-29-08 12:34 PM
    i have the same problem, how do i contact my IT??
    03-25-08 06:46 PM
    Please help...I am getting this error but I am using BIS
    11-18-09 08:58 PM
    Please help...I am getting this error but I am using BIS
    If you bought the unit used, it may have come with an IT policy installed on it. See the link in my sig for instructions and discussion re getting rid of an IT policy.

Doug
    11-18-09 09:10 PM
    If you bought the unit used, it may have come with an IT policy installed on it. See the link in my sig for instructions and discussion re getting rid of an IT policy.

Doug
    It is supposed to be new and these instructiins might as well be in chinese...I'm lost
    11-18-09 09:19 PM

Doug
    Thank for the tips! Solved my problem
    11-19-09 08:46 AM
    Hi,

I have contacted my IT department and they have pushed and removed the IT policy. I fact when i now view the policy i have * no disallowed applications *
    I have a bold 9780.
    in fact once they pushed the new IT policy - i got app world running again.

Aless - i still cannot seem to be able to download any apps (whatsapp, google maps for instance) i get a message that IT policy does not allow ...
    plus when downloading something on app world - it gets a message of an error and i m advised to try later.

any thoughts of the matter?

much appreciated,
    Jon
    10-24-11 01:35 PM
    how to contact IT Department ??
    09-21-13 06:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD