Somebody please help me ! My employee just updated our Microsoft Office software from Office 2003 to Office 2007. Since the update I can't open no emails with attachments. (word, excel, etc.) I can open attachments that were made with Office 2003. What do I need to do? I'm out of town on a bussiness meeting until Wednesday of next week and don't have access to my desk top loader. Is there a way to update my operating system over the air without a cord? If so how ? Thanks in advance, Dennis
    09-20-08 03:25 PM
    Sounds like you need to save your files as 2003 files. Office 2007 save files with different extensions then the older program. Its saves doc files as .docx same with excel files. You have to remember to save the files in the older standards. Hope this helps.
    09-20-08 03:51 PM
    I just did a forum search for Office 2007 attachment. The posts I found are consistent in that users were unable to open email attachments from Word 2007, even when the files were supposedly saved in .doc format. It appears the Attachment viewer cannot handle the new format. Most of those posts were several months old, so the problem may have been solved since then. I don't have any 2007 files to test with.

Even if the attachment viewer has been updates, that won't help you on your trip, because there's no way for you to update your OS without connecting to your desktop. You may need to counsel your employee about doing a major app update right before a business trip.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-08 04:07 PM
    I still have this problem. I can't view spreadsheets that were created in 2007 and saved as 2003 with the resident software. I have had limited success with a 3rd party app.
    09-20-08 04:18 PM
    Your network admin need to change the default save in Office 2k7 to the standard Office format rather then the new XPS version. I don't know why the idiots at MS decided it was a good idea to change default formats so early in the game. Those lamos just can't seem to want to bite into Adobe's market. First it was XPS to replace PDF, now it's Silverlight to replace Flash. Fracking lamos never learn... no one will switch to the new formats.
    09-20-08 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD