i just bought a bb 8820. its originally for at& t but its unlocked and my carrier provider is tmobile. However, i cant seem to connect to the internet through WIFI. i dont have the data plan either but i know i can connect through WIFI but its just not working. can someone help. walkthrough..please. when i click on manage connections. the mobile network has a green check but the bluetooth and wifi have a yellow with a dash in it but the wifi is connected b/c i have it at home and it says bluetooth is on.
    04-14-10 09:22 PM
    not 100% sure about this, but worth a try. Open your browser, hit function, go to options, browser configuration, change the internet browser to Hotspot Browser.
    04-14-10 10:12 PM
    i dont even have the browser icon! but i used the wifi hotspot to go to the browser and after the browser configuration , there is no such thins as internet browser.
    my emulation mode just says :
    blackberry
    openwave(WAP)
    openwave gateway
    microsoft IE
    MS Pocket IE
    Netscape
    04-14-10 10:34 PM
    if you are comfortable with it, it might help if you wipe the bb software on it with one of the latest one linked on the forum. and then go from there
    04-16-10 03:23 PM
    you need to resend service books somehow. Or somehow install opera mini on to your bb to surf the web.
    04-16-10 03:51 PM
    Had the same problem. Could connect to wifi but not the internet. got Opera Mini and was able to use the internet. As has been said the BB browser is looking Download it to your computer and use DM to install.
    04-16-10 07:30 PM
    Latest version of Bolt works best on my 8820 using wifi
    04-16-10 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD