I know this sounds noobish but i just recieved my 8820 att phone and i tried to do the wizard and it sends me straight to corparate connection for the email but i got bis can someone please help me set up my bis email pleaseee i beg you lol!
    11-19-07 09:50 PM
    11-19-07 10:03 PM
    Also, do you have a Blackberry Data Plan with AT&T? Do you have upper case EDGE on your device? If so, once you set it up on the BIS site it should send service books to your BB and your BB will say "Congratulations...."
    11-19-07 10:25 PM
    it does say edge i just sent over the service books i dont think my phone ever got them im liek rele confused i thought itd be much simpler theyres no email icone even.
    11-19-07 10:28 PM
    Is it edge or EDGE?
    11-19-07 10:37 PM
    it say's edge
    11-19-07 10:41 PM
    Did you sign up for a specific Blackberry Data Plan from AT&T? It HAS to be a Blackberry Plan. If so, you may need to contact AT&T and have them check your provisioning. edge means there is no data connection to the Blackberry Data system.
    11-19-07 10:43 PM
    thats probably why my interent is so laggy i signed up Personal Max
    11-19-07 10:44 PM
    I don't think personal Max won't give you full BB service. You need a Blackberry Data Plan. You can still use wifi, though, for browsing. However, with no BB data plan you'll not get any email, BBMessenger, PIN messaging, BBMaps, BB Browser, etc.
    Last edited by John Clark; 11-19-07 at 11:42 PM.
    11-19-07 10:53 PM
    what do you mean it wont give you a full data plan
    i dont get email or anything with it?
    11-19-07 10:58 PM
    No, not without a Blackberry Data plan. You can check your email via a website or if you have GMail you can use the GMail application using TCP but you won't get the coveted BB push email. You need the BB data plan.
    11-19-07 11:00 PM
    Unlimited data, send and receive 1500 messages of any kind (text, IM, video, picture) and only $0.03 per message for overage. Access all of your emails from up to 10 ISP accounts while on the go! Included on a voice plan, pay only $39.99. Service may not be available in all areas. View Map and Coverage Limitations. Does not include connectivity to a corporate BlackBerry Enterprise Server. close description
    11-19-07 11:01 PM
    Then I must be thinking of the wrong plan. It's hard to keep up with all of them. That sounds like a BB data plan. If you're still getting only edge then try removing the battery and the sim card and then reinsert and see if it will come up EDGE. If you just activated this plan then it could take up to 24 hours for the data service to be enabled. If you still have only edge tomorrow then call AT&T and find out why.
    11-19-07 11:06 PM
    yea i just recieved the phone 6 hours ago lol couldnt contain myself but ah yea i will go to an att store tomorow thanx for all your help
    11-19-07 11:11 PM
    I have had no luck with trying to do these things over the telephone. If you have an AT&T store close by you should go there and take care of the problem. Unless of course you have an hour to sit on the phone and not have your problem resolved.
    11-20-07 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD