Hello, and thanks in advance to any replies to this thread.
    I hope that I haven't overlooked the answer to this question in another thread, I couldn't find it!
    I just purchased an 8830 yesterday and am trying to save the pain of typing in all my contacts into the phone by using the desktop manager. I don't have Outlook, so I'd like to just edit my address book using the desktop manager. I have read that synchronization needs to be turned off, and that there is an option to do this in the address book, however, I have found this to be untrue. I am unable to edit my address book in desktop manager, and haven't been able to find a way to disable synchronization- so the address book is supposedly a 'read only' file.
    Has anyone been able to disable synchronization and edit their address book just by using the desktop manager??

Thank you!!
    06-10-07 12:14 PM
    From the device, go to Address Book / Options / Sync, turn it off. Not sure if you can edit address book items in Desktop Manager. I've never done it...

Welcome to CrackBerry.com
    06-10-07 01:37 PM
    There is no sync option available under address book- unless I'm overlooking something?

The only options I see available are:

Sort By:
    Confirm Delete:
    Allow Duplicate Names:

am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks again

Is there any truth to this link: With a BlackBerry, how can I edit the Address Book using BlackBerry Desktop Manager? - Knowledge Base ???
    Last edited by sukhoi29su; 06-10-07 at 02:12 PM. Reason: added
    06-10-07 01:38 PM
    I checked mine too to try that and also didn't find the option.
    06-12-07 02:56 AM
    I tried it, and it didn't work. But, it could be because am using BES, and not just BIS...

06-12-07 06:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD