I'm trying to play some mp3's via the 8820 2.5 mm headphone jack using a patchcord to my auto's 3.5 mm audio input. All I get is one channel sound...no stereo. I've tried several adapters. So, is the output from the 8820 headphone jack just one channel? Or, is there some proprietary adapter that Blackberry has yet to put on the market for this purpose.
    11-14-07 11:57 AM
    I tried to point you to another post explaining a way around this problem but was unable as i dont yet have 10 posts. I copied and pasted instead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having suffered for long enough with my BB headset only delivering sound to the right ear i decided to 'lash out' and buy a new one. unfortunately it is next to impossible to buy origional parts in australia so i had to settle for a generic stereo headset......SAME DAMN PROBLEM!!!!!.
    After reading in another post that the 8800 is mono not stereo i decided to fix the problem.
    step 1. open the switch casing (the bit that contains the microphone and the answer button where the leads split)
    Step 2. separate the enameled wires (in my case there are 2 copper colored wires, one red and one green)
    Step 3. twist copper wires together.
    Step 4. twist colored wires together.
    Step 5. weld twisted wired while removing enamel by using a cigarette lighter (i used a small blow torch)
    Step 6. TEST AND MAKE SURE IT WORKS.
    Step 7. seal the wires with a little epoxy resin, close the casing and you have a new BB headset
    Step 8. Enjoy!!

This should work in a similar way with your patchcord.
    Last edited by Darryn; 11-15-07 at 03:45 AM.
    11-15-07 03:42 AM
    The simple answer is .. it's not a standard cord. Radio Shack adapters won't work. Seidio seems to be the main source for adapters that will work with the 8800 series phones.

STANDARD AUDIO ADAPTOR FOR 8100/8800/8830 - ADA-BB8100M35FST for an Audio Only adapter.

AUDIO ADAPTOR WITH BUILT-IN MICROPHONE AND ANSWER BUTTON (2.5MM MALE JACK TO 3.5MM FEMALE JACK) FOR BLACKBERRY 8100/8800/8830 - ADA3-BB8100M35FST for an adapter with a microphone.
    11-15-07 07:43 AM
    I just bought a sterio adapter - 3.5mm to 2.5mm. The cost was about $9.00 plus postage. Two days after ordering the adapter, I received the adapter. Plugged it in and the sound is great.

Be careful that you order their sterio adapter because they also have a monoral version.
    11-21-07 01:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD