I have a problem with my PIN number, it change by it self whenever I upgrade/downgrade OS. When the PIN number change, it always ended with number "0" and I can't use my BIS. I tried almost all 8830we v4.2 & v4.5 and still the same result.
    The only firmware that works fine right now is v4.2.2.176

Is there anyone else having this problem too? cause my friend who use 8830we doesn't have the same problem like me? I really want to upgrade to v4.5 cause most of the programs I need only works on v4.5
    02-19-10 03:03 PM
    I'm sorry, but it's impossible to change your pin number by an OS upgrade or downgrade. In fact, there is nothing you can do to change your pin. If the value that you get when you type "mypin." in a text box doesn't match the number printed on the sticker inside your battery compartment, your phone is seriously damaged.
    02-19-10 09:02 PM
    Ups I'm sorry, I think I miss type...the one that change actually the IMEI number, not the PIN number. The PIN number stay the same, but the IMEI number change ended with "0" at the end. When the IMEI change, my BIS cannot work. Should I begin a new thread cause of the miss type ?
    02-19-10 10:35 PM
    Is there anyone else having this problem too? cause my friend who use 8830we doesn't have the same problem like me? I really want to upgrade to v4.5 cause most of the programs I need only works on v4.5
    My 8830WE original provider is Verizon. I am using this phone in Thailand right now. I got the problem with my IMEI when I change version to 4.5.175. When I called operator, they had a different IMEI. It's changed XXXXXX.XX.XXX479.0 (IMEI Before) to XXXXXX.XX.XXX479.6. Now, I can use only Phone and SMS.
    02-21-10 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD