I recently noticed on my BB that my wallpaper photo I uploaded from my PC has been damaged in the BB files. Every photo i have personally uploaded onto my BB 8830 have vertical GREEN lines running thoughout the photos, causing the photos to look like pea-green soup. Does anybody have any solutions for my problem? Should I just take it back to Verizon? Any help will do. Thank you.

PIN: 3018C49B
    08-10-07 01:09 PM
    I would return the phone pronto! Im not sure of other providers but Verizon has been awesome for me! I had an apparent battery issue and my phone was swapped without question after the 30 days.
    08-11-07 05:58 AM
    Did you try a battery pull?
    08-11-07 12:36 PM
    I tried the battery pull, but I still have the same problems. For some reason it's just certain pics, not all of them. But the photo i set as my wallpaper has disgusting lines running down it like the pixels were broken or something. i'm becoming more aggrevated becasue of this.
    08-16-07 12:06 PM
    Are all of your images the same file type? (GIF, Bitmap, JPEG?) Are green lines showing up one one particular type and not the others? Have all of the immages been sized accordingly? (Does you phone have to compress them to display them?
    08-16-07 02:03 PM
    Yes, all photos are jpg, but the discolored lines appear on most, but not all pics. When I transfer my photos from my laptop onto my BB I use the automatic compression the desktop manager asks for. Should I not compress the pics even though not all of them are discolored? Thanks.
    08-17-07 09:55 AM
    Try both. Take the picture...compress it, and copy it to the BB. Then take the original uncompressed picture, name it something different, then copy it to the BB. Both pix will be there and you can see if it's the compression causing the problem or not. I have tons of pix on my 8830 (well, they're actually on my 2gig Scandisk MicroSD card) and they look fine.
    08-18-07 11:04 AM
    I'm having a slightly similar problem. I've noticed that I can zoom in on my pictures and set that as my home screen, but if I zoom too far in 90% of the picture is removed so that I only get a little square of the picture at a random spot on the screen and the rest of the screen is just white. Can anyone duplicate this?
    edit: I know I can resize the picture so that it is optimized for my phone but that's too much of a hassle for me and it creates unnecessary duplicates. Mainly I'm curious if it's a problem with my phone or the software.
    12-17-07 01:17 PM
    There are no dates on the wap forum and I can't remember how long it's been since I posted, so...bump.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-07 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD