I have had my 8830 for about 3 days, everything is good except for the fact that I can't get picture messages! My husband has sent about 10 and I haven't gotten a single one! What is the problem?? (I do subscribe to mms in my plan)
    09-29-07 02:35 PM
    please let me know if you find a solution. same problem here? the 8830 is advertised with mms, but that's not the case. maybe carrier specific?
    09-29-07 04:19 PM
    It might be carrier specific but i have an 8830 and sprint and my picture mail comes up like a normal notification.
    09-30-07 02:00 AM
    Cool. Can you walk me through the steps that you take to send a picture message? Then I'll see if I have those options and just don't know what I'm doing
    09-30-07 08:40 AM
    I'm on Verizon, and in order to view a picture message, I have to go to the web. Apparently, since the 8830 doesn't have a camera, the powers that be at Verizon decided that those of us with this phone have no interest in viewing pics quickly.

Anyway, I see ya'll aren't on Verizon...I'm just posting this in case somebody who is wonders why they keep getting the message "somebody has sent you a picture message...go to vzw... blah blah"
    09-30-07 09:30 AM
    The BB8830 does NOT support MMS (messaging with pictures). All Blackberries I believe dont support this (even the curve which has a camera). I know of people on Tmobile also who complain about the lack of this.
    09-30-07 11:51 AM
    thanx ncc1701p! i was afraid of that answer. ill stick with emailing pics...works quite well. haha
    09-30-07 12:00 PM
    The thing I have noticed about the mms messages is that ncc is right the BB does not support an mms; it does however allow you to send pics via e-mail, bluetooth, and BB messenger. I guess the powers decied the rest of the world need to catch up to the crack. This may be a sprint feature only but if you have sprint you the whole pcs deal which sends my BB a notification of any pic mail I get along with a link to sprint pcs website to view it. This is the same way mms is done on non-BB phones with sprint.
    09-30-07 12:45 PM
    ncc1701p you're wrong. All Blackberries (8xxx series) support MMS. This is just upgrade to standard SMS. And would be stupid to not put MMS support in Berries with camera. I know for sure that Curve, Pearl and 8700 support MMS. So your MMS support is network issue. And Verizon has disable MMS support in 8830...
    09-30-07 12:49 PM
    ah well cant win em all.. i read alot of YES and NO on this subject. Seems like verizon has disabled ALOT of stuff on the 8830.. makes me almost wanna jump ship but i all carriers suck except tmobile i think but they dont have a high speed data network up yet.
    10-01-07 12:29 AM
    Purchased my curve on Tuesday 9/24 I had a problem not receiving MMS from my friend. Called T-Mobile. Here is my fix. He told me to first send a pic to myself. I got a pic from my pics sent to my curve phone number. I can now receive MMS voila.....
    10-01-07 10:18 PM
    OK here it is the answer. I sell Verizon service and the reason you can not get pics is You do not have a camera phone and there system knows it so it wil not and can not put the pic feature on your account just like all non picture phones.
    10-06-07 11:43 PM
    For att&t The mms picture you are trying to send has to be smaller than 300k. That is the maximum mms file size that is allowed on any network. A way around this is....

Send the picture if it is bigger then 300k to

[email protected]

Hope this helps.
    10-06-07 11:53 PM
    There has to be a hack to allow the Verizon 8830's to receive pictures?
    04-02-08 05:16 PM
    call your provider i remember not getting any text from att and tmobile at all. they were able to resolve my issue with text and pix text
    04-03-08 01:52 AM
    The BB8830 does NOT support MMS (messaging with pictures). All Blackberries I believe dont support this (even the curve which has a camera). I know of people on Tmobile also who complain about the lack of this.
    I have the Curve 8310 and emailed a picture from my hotmail account as an MMS to my phone. It came through. Think that's the same as receiving an MMS from another phone. I sent it as "my phone #@mms.att.net", the same address that shows up when I mms to my hotmail account.
    04-09-08 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD