I'm an iPhone convert (my 3G iPhone screen cracked and I'm not eligible for an upgrade/contract renewal), so I went and bought a used 8820 from a secondhand cellphone store. I live in Toronto Canada, but the phone has AT&T branded on it. This is my first BB, so I don't know much about the phone.

Anyways, I figured out my PIN and IMEI from options>status. When I plugged my SIM in the edge became EDGE, so I figured it was connected to the 2G network. Another look into the menu and found a "E-mail Settings" icon that was never shown when I was off EDGE.

I went in there, and it gave me two options, one of them is obviously a Sign Up and the other is Log In. I figured that since this is my first time using a BB, I might as well sign up for a BB email. To my surprise, the phone tells me that my BB has already been registered to another email!

My friend who has a BB told me to register Host Routing Table, but after that all I get is a SMS from BB telling me my handset is online. I am very confused, so I browsed the device, and found a couple of CICAL and CMIME(?) stuff in the Service Book that has the previous owner's email attached to it. I went and deleted the said strings of text hoping that'll "reset" the email setting but it didn't work.

Anyways, what should I do now? The whole point of me getting the BB was to use the push service (iPhone's "fetch" was silly) and now all I can do is PIN other BB users, SMS and talk. Kinda defeated the purpose..

Any help will be much appreciated!
    07-07-09 03:34 AM
    Nobody?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 09:48 AM
    You will probably have to get on the phone with Rogers to get them to delete the existing e-mail. If Rogers has no record of it, you might try AT&T. Would certainly be easier if the original owner had done this, but I'm guessing that's not possible in this case.

Doug

On second thought...
    Have you tried going here:
    BlackBerry Internet Service
    to set up your account, add PIN, email, etc...

Doug
    Last edited by dsdawson; 07-07-09 at 10:16 AM.
    07-07-09 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD