I'm having a problem with my 8820!!!

it was working fine till around 9pm earlier. I was browing on the web on "craigslist.org" and it froze when i attempted to submit a posting. Ever since then, everytime the backlight would go off and i'd press a button, the keypad would light up, but not the screen! I'd have to press the power key for the screen to light up. Later, around 11pm I've tried taking out the battery, removing my sim, wiping my entire blackberry and waiting 2 minutes after i power it up again, but none of the techniques worked.

Then I wiped my blackberry for the second time, and it still didnt change, until i changed my home screen theme then the screen stopped lighting up, period. I can still make calls and the keyboard still lights up, even my voice dialing button works! The phone still works great except for the fact the screen wont light up!!! I dont understand

HELP ME PLEASE!
    Last edited by hlgalban; 07-22-08 at 04:36 AM.
    07-22-08 04:27 AM
    DUDE I know you are rushing to this post to find an answer but i dont think i have one... I replaced my LCD so dont even try doing that its not the problem... it might be the sensor, but i navigated though the dark screen found the option to turn it off and still it didn't come on. I think the chip that controls the actual backlight has messed up. Im going to try and resolder the sensor and see if that helps. Keep me posted if you find out what it is this is driving me insane. I can make calls and everything like you
    07-31-08 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD