Hi folks:

Reading about the MCP, I'm wondering: does it (or another app) allow me to "drive" my BB 8830 WE from the desktop?

I frequently work remote, and am often on conference calls, and this would be extremely useful.

Thanks for your advice--

J.
    03-04-09 09:55 AM
    Hi folks:

Reading about the MCP, I'm wondering: does it (or another app) allow me to "drive" my BB 8830 WE from the desktop?

I frequently work remote, and am often on conference calls, and this would be extremely useful.

Thanks for your advice--

J.
    I am not fully understanding what you are asking. Are you looking for a program to give you an interface for the phone on the computer? I know of a program that allows you to remote into and control your PC with your Blackberry hand held.
    03-04-09 10:01 AM
    I am not fully understanding what you are asking. Are you looking for a program to give you an interface for the phone on the computer? I know of a program that allows you to remote into and control your PC with your Blackberry hand held.

Yes, the first part of your response.

I would like to connect my BB to the PC, and use the PC to dial, create conferences, access my address book, etc.
    03-04-09 10:18 AM
    Yes, the first part of your response.

I would like to connect my BB to the PC, and use the PC to dial, create conferences, access my address book, etc.
    I am not aware of any programs like that. Though that don't mean they are not out there. I use microsoft outlook to access my address book and just sync it with the phone whenever I make any changes in outlook or on the phone side. as far as being able to dial out with the PC and such I have never really seen a need for that. I either use the VAD or just pick the phone up.
    03-04-09 10:21 AM
    Sounds to me like an opportunity.

There is obviously a demand for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 04:51 AM
    Sounds to me like an opportunity.

There is obviously a demand for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I haven't taken up writing programs for BB's yet but I probably will start messing with it before I turn 30. 28 now...
    03-05-09 10:34 AM
    I've seen a BlackBerry application on WES 2008, I don't remember name.

The Application runs on your blackberry, and works as a monitor of your desktop PC, just like a remote desktop.

It's subscription based service.
    03-30-09 12:19 AM
    You can google "Blackberry remote desktop"
    03-30-09 12:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD