Is there an ETA for the patch RIM has said is forthcoming for the synching problem with Outlook?
    07-03-07 04:44 AM
    Not that I've seen...
    07-03-07 07:07 AM
    I call them every week and every week I receive the same response. It is a known problem. No ETA on a fix.
    07-03-07 10:18 AM
    Download and install the Bell Mobility OS for the 8830. Go to BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community in the 8800 Forum and read about it.
    07-03-07 11:11 AM
    Actually you guys might want to hold off on that upgrade to the Bell OS. Seems the Media Player has an issue that I found on mine. It won't switch to the next song 90% of the time. Also, the ringer volume seems to be even a little worse on this release. I had to downgrade back to the .66 OS version. Shame that RIM can't get their OS fixes right. Do they even test EVERYTHING before release? Whoever is doing testing for them needs to be replaced... simple as that. Anyone know of what it takes to become a tester for RIM, because I'm seriously thinking of becoming one to help keep these bogus bugs from being released to market.
    07-03-07 03:04 PM
    Whoever is doing testing for them needs to be replaced... simple as that. Anyone know of what it takes to become a tester for RIM, because I'm seriously thinking of becoming one to help keep these bogus bugs from being released to market.
    i dissagree. if it were that simple these phones wouldn't be having these issues. the palm treo 700p took a year to get it's first patch.
    07-03-07 06:01 PM
    Actually you guys might want to hold off on that upgrade to the Bell OS. Seems the Media Player has an issue that I found on mine. It won't switch to the next song 90% of the time.
    I've been using the Bell version for a week now with heavy media player use and haven't had one problem with it. In fact it solved a bunch of my media player problems.
    07-03-07 07:04 PM
    I've been using the Bell version for a week now with heavy media player use and haven't had one problem with it. In fact it solved a bunch of my media player problems.
    Not for me. The media player after the upgrade definatly had issues. It wouldn't move from song to song after the previous one finished playing. This happened about 90-99% of the time. And the only problem I had with the .66 build and the media player is that when the screen turns off (backlight) the song pauses for a split second. The Bell version still had this issue. Not only that but the ringer volume was a little lower with the Bell (someone else on blackberryforums also noticed this). Only positive really that I noticed is that the signal icon stopped bouncing between no signal and full signal and the sound from the speakers REALLY improved big time while playing music in the media player. Honestly, had it not been for the next song issue with the media player and the lower ringer volume I probably would have kept the OS loaded.

BTW, RIM, if you're reading this... you're probably not noticing the ringer volume problem because you're using the built in ringers. Use a ******** MP3 and you'll notice the issue. (Fat chance of them actually listening though... lol)
    07-04-07 01:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD