Hi,
    I have only had my BB 8830 WE about a month and when I click on my browser icon, it gives me a message to type my user name and have my password sent to my phone. BUT where is it. I can't find it. Please help !!
    05-01-08 08:09 PM
    Are you on BIS or BES? If your bb is provided by your employer, you're almost certainly on BES. If you bought it yourself and signed up with a carrier, you're on BIS, unless you specifically bought and paid for BES.

If you're on BIS, there used to be a BIS issue re usernames and passwords. I found it in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/can-...ng-user-11352/. See if that helps.

If you're on BES, talk to your employer's help desk or IT department. They may need to change an IT policy on your phone.

And of course, this all assumes you've done a battery pull already. If not, try that before you do anything else.

Let us know what happens.
    05-01-08 08:49 PM
    Let's start with what you're actually trying to do. What do you want to do? Do you want to setup email or do you want to just browse the web?

Honestly, it sounds like you want to browse the web and what you're seeing is the BIS login page. If that's the case, just hit Menu/Go To. Then type in whatever web address you want and go from there.

If you ran the Email Setup Wizard on the phone and never closed the browser out properly, the next time you launch the browser it'll put you right back to that same page... sometimes confusing you.

BTW, the BIS Forgot Password thing only works if you've already setup a username. If you haven't, then that won't work. If you have however, it just sends you a message in your messages mailbox which tells you the password you setup and forgot.

I hope this explains both possibilities, but honestly, your question is not clear on what exactly you're wanting to do.
    05-01-08 10:47 PM
    If you can post exactly what buttons you're pushing from the time you're at the Today screen I can try to help you out, like Civic said, we kind of need more detail.
    05-01-08 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD