A friend offered to take their extra 8830 in for an under warranty repair, and give to to me afterwards for just the $50 dollar co-pay.

I, however was about to buy a used Palm Tungsten T. Hook up a keyboard up to it and I could write a little. Maybe keep a jurnal. I always meant to get one started. Mostly, I would read on it. Maybe play a few old text based adventure games. If I wanted to, I could also convert some old videos and watch them of the SD card.

Now however, I have been offered the use of a device that can supposedly do all of the above, and do it faster. Thing is, I would be going over seas, and I have no interest in paying more than $50, so I will not be shelling out cash to use the main features of a Crack, reading email and browsing the net.

So, has anyone here used a this model of berry to read ebooks off an SD card? Played a old game of Zork? I did a little search, so I know that doing so is a theoretical possibility. How about writing, not to be latter sent to a friend, but to be saved as a rtf or txt file to a SD card?

I guess what it comes down to is, which is better for reading in medium quality shade, and outdoors in general? The original Palm TT, or the Crackberry 8830?
    12-10-07 12:57 PM
    I've read about 90 ebooks over the last four years and probably 6 since getting the 8830. I use Mobipocket Reader and it works great.

Blackberry eBook Reader - Download the free Mobipocket eBook Reader software to read on your PDA and Smartphone.
    12-11-07 09:49 PM
    As much as I like my Blackberry, every Palm from my Palm Vx onwards is a better ebook reader than the Pearl.

Tiny screen size and absolutely lack of software are the causes.
    01-04-08 01:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD