When I press the "call" button, my "My Number" is displayed with the actual digits of my number and some more digits.
    I tried going to "Options --> Advanced Settings --> SIM Card" and edit the number, but it does not save it.

Please help.

Thanks.
    05-28-09 09:25 AM
    Are you sure your changes are being saved? What number shows up on the recipient's caller ID when you make a call?
    05-28-09 03:09 PM
    here's the funny thing abt this ... everything works well ... i receive calls ... i can make calls ... the recipient also sees the correct number on his phone when i make a call ... but my phone displays the number incorrectly.
    now i tried to follow the help on the phone for such a case and the number has now become even bigger and it no more gives me the option to edit it ...
    05-28-09 03:12 PM
    I say go with it. Maybe somehow you screwed it up, and luckily someone else is paying your bill now cause of the # mixup.
    Good luck!
    05-28-09 03:38 PM
    well ... as the recipient sees my name and number when i call him/her .... i am being billed ... so no luck there!
    05-28-09 03:40 PM
    Hmmm...strange indeed...have you had this problem since you got your phone?

Let's make sure we're following the same steps:

Menu button-->options-->advanced options-->SIM card-->scroll down to Phone Number-->Menu button-->edit SIM Phone Number--delete current number and replace with correct number-->press trackball to save (phone displays message that it is writing)

I edited my SIM number using the steps above and it worked. If this is not working for you, you may want to give customer service a call...
    05-31-09 05:11 PM
    I tried almost everything. All that is left is for me to call up blacberry and ask them. But as there is no issue with my everyday use, I cudnt care less.
    Thanks for the suggestions though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD