Hi All,

I recently deleted my college email address from my phone and now experience problems when syncing my outlook with my blackberry. It does not take any of the calendar events from outlook to the blackberry. All other sync's work fine, I also checked the default services they are listed correctly. Any help would be great, thanks!
    01-14-09 04:35 PM
    Greetings and welcome to CB! What version of Outlook are you using? If the tasks, notes and contacts are synchronizing, but not the calendar, it sounds like the the sync is only set one way for the calendar, Blackberry to Outlook. Check to make sure it is set for 2 way sync in Desktop Manager and re-try.
    01-15-09 06:26 AM
    Thanks! I am using Outlook 2007, the sync is set correctly as it did work with my old email address. I checked default services and it has the correct address for the sync.
    01-15-09 07:29 AM
    I have the same problem, have tried on both Vista and XP Pro PC's. The contacts will sync fine but when it reads the calendar the desktop manager will close. I Talke to tech support 4 hours and they never did get it fixed so I just told them to forget it. Maybe someone here can tell me how to correct.
    01-15-09 07:55 AM
    Try this. It is rather lengthy so I apologize for that in advance.

1. Make certain Outlook is COMPLETELY up to date. Manually enter any calendar items on the BB which have not been synced over to Outlook.

2. On your BB, look at Calendar > Options > and make sure you see only one calendar available. Go back to the main calendar page and and press Menu, and you can view the email profile for that calendar. Make sure it is your primary email address for this.

3. Go to Options > Advanced > Service Books. Highlight over AND delete the entries for ALL other email addresses other than your PRIMARY email address.

4. Go to Options > Advanced > Default Services, and make sure ONLY the one primary email you desire is listed there.

5. Now, connect your BB to your PC via USB, and open Desktop Manager.

6. Now, with your Outlook completely updated manually, do this:

Connect your BB via USB to your PC, and Open Desktop Manager on your PC. Open up Backup/Restore > Advanced. From Advanced you'll see a split pane screen. You won't see anything in the left pane. In the right pane will be the databases currently on your handheld device. Highlight on the right side your Calendar database and click the CLEAR button at the bottom of that screen. After it's finished, close the Backup/Restore window, and check the device to make sure the Calendar has properly cleared out. Now, re-sync the Calendar information from Outlook and you should be set to go.

With all that completed, and your calendar appearing in BB, remove the battery on your BB (powered ON) and reboot the BB. This should resend the Service Books for the other email addresses you had deleted earlier. If you find after an hour they are not back, resend the service books from your carrier BIS site.

Return to Options > Advanced > Default Services and make sure your primary email is still the default email. You want to leave your primary showing in the screen, and save.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Patrickwc; 01-15-09 at 12:48 PM.
    01-15-09 11:49 AM
    Movement in the right direction! I see in step two that there is another calendar called device default. I would imagine I need to remove that or make my email account the default? Any help, my default service is set for the right email address and I see no signs of device default anywhere besides the calendar program
    01-15-09 01:11 PM
    Try making your primary email the default and see if the calendar will synchronize once that is done. Don't delete the device default just yet. Here is a link from Blackberry that may be of help as well.

View Document
    Last edited by Patrickwc; 01-15-09 at 03:12 PM.
    01-15-09 02:54 PM
    No luck with the reset, I have the email set as the device default in default services...O well
    01-15-09 03:19 PM
    What OS is your BB running and what version of Desktop Manager are you using?
    01-15-09 03:57 PM
    Dm 4.7
    01-16-09 02:42 PM
    bpick, thanks for the information. That is what I am running as well on my 8820. From what I can tell, Outlook 2007 uses a different format to store its information and since it was first released, their have been issues with synchronization. Microsoft seems to have addressed these with their BES customers, but not the BIS side. It works for some, and not for others. I would try this again one more time:

Go into the desktop manager > Backup/Restore >Advanced:

Select the calendar entry on the right hand (BB) Side. Press clear and delete the calendar database from the handheld. Then exit and resynchronize. It should send the entire calendar. If the database is corrupt it will resolve the issue.

If I find out anything else or discover a solution, I will pass it along.
    Last edited by Patrickwc; 01-17-09 at 01:15 PM.
    01-17-09 05:51 AM
    I was able to delete the calendar, when it sync's it should pick the calendar up, but only picks up the tasks and address book. Any ideas?
    01-20-09 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD