On my dads 8830 he is getting a out of memory error and it is painfully slow. When you select a program, the hour glass comes on and just keeps spinning for 5min or so then you get a out of memory error. We tried inserting a 4g and 2g SD carb and you still get the error. Any suggestions
    02-01-10 01:03 PM
    You need to reboot, then run the CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig. That will help you recover memory. The 8830 WE is only a 64MB device, and only has about 47MB available of that to work with.
    02-01-10 01:27 PM
    My Boss, has a 8830WE, and is getting the same error, he has about 740 fully filled in contacts, in his address book, when he tries to use voice dial it gives him the out of memory Error,

he tried deleting things off his SD card, I told him that would make no difference and he might be at the physical limitations of the device with so many contacts.

I only go into the office about once a month, and in that time maybe every 3rd visit I have time and my boss have time for us to actually talk, so ideally I'd like a solution I can walk through over the phone

our IT department is in the US, and are not the most forward thinking people when it comes to using software that isn't preinstalled, I actually had to return my Curve and get a new one the OS upgrade because they said I couldn't do it myself on the work phone, and they didn't want to take the time to do it, so returning it as "defective" and getting a new one was the only solution I had.

that is what I am working with trying to assist my boss with his BB
    02-04-10 11:28 AM
    Unless his contacts include pictures, 740 of them won't take much space. I have 1019 contacts and the database is only 237k. That's in the undetectable noise level for memory management. I had the same number on my 8830. The problem is more likely caused by using Voice dialing. I deleted that from my 8830. If your IT dept will allow you to delete stuff, perform the Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig and delete the preloaded junk that's wasting his memory.
    02-04-10 11:34 AM
    Thank you for that, saying it isn't the contact number issue

I will let him know.
    02-04-10 11:49 AM
    For what its worth, doing a battery pull every 2 days makes a world of difference. That is what I do to keep my memory available. The only 3rd party apps I have are CNN and ESPN. Doing a battery pull every couple of days gets me up to 13mb free.
    02-12-10 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD