pleae feel free to redirect me. My hubby bought me a blackberry 8800. I am your typical soccer mom, 4 boys and a hubby and I am just getting rid of my paper planner. I love this thing and all the buttons and although I dont know computerized planners and phones that well, I am actually a very smart girl and I can learn if you tell me where to find the info.
    My questoin is, how can I add the web browser to my phone, the little icon is not there so I'm pretty sure the program is not on my phone. I just signed up for the navigational service but that icon isnt on there either. So I thought maybe if I knew how to add these programs, then I could use all these cool features.
    Please help me out, I swear I wont be a neusance for too long, somebody just put me on the right track. TIA
    04-16-08 11:01 AM
    You should have a web browser on the phone. Step one is to pull the battery out and reboot. Step two is to make sure all the icons not hidden. If that doesn't work, let us know and we will help you.
    04-16-08 11:51 AM
    i agree. the icon may be "hidden" click menu>show all from the application screen.

you may also need to send down your service books as well...

-db
    04-16-08 11:55 AM
    When you do find your browser, use that to download OperaMini. It's a very good browser - easy to use, lots of features.
    04-16-08 11:58 AM
    jee jee welcome to CB family and enjoy you BB.

Bienvenida!!!!!
    04-16-08 12:00 PM
    jee jee, I might have missed it, but if you don't have a BlackBerry Data Plan, you won't have the web browser, nor GPS for the GPS application.

If you do have the BlackBerry Data Plan, then make sure with the Carrier that it is enabled on your account, sometimes things just get screwed up, or can take a couple hours to get pushed to your account.

All that^^ being done and certain, remove the battery from your BB (with it powered on) and hold for a minute, replace and reboot the BB. Often the Service Book which will enable your browser and gps will get installed on reboot.

Good luck.
    04-16-08 12:02 PM
    ok thank you all so much! actually what I found out is that I need to add the internet plan to my service and thats why i dont see the web browser icon. I only added the telenav service for $9.99. so basically its gonna be an extra $40 a month just to use this telenav thing. I never surf the web on my phone and I am prtty content using google maps to help me find places........... I guess the penny pincher in me says its not worth it, when I'm trying to afford gas and summer activities for the boys. Another sacrifice in the mom book I guess. Thanks anyway guys, have a great day!
    04-16-08 12:10 PM
    jee jee, you can add the Data Plan, and get free GPS applications that work well. I will tell you that TeleNav is THE best one out there, I use it constantly and have tested all of them, but you choose.

Get the Data Plan first. We or someone will help you with the GPS later.
    04-16-08 12:12 PM
    jee jee, I might have missed it, but if you don't have a BlackBerry Data Plan, you won't have the web browser, nor GPS for the GPS application.

If you do have the BlackBerry Data Plan, then make sure with the Carrier that it is enabled on your account, sometimes things just get screwed up, or can take a couple hours to get pushed to your account.

All that^^ being done and certain, remove the battery from your BB (with it powered on) and hold for a minute, replace and reboot the BB. Often the Service Book which will enable your browser and gps will get installed on reboot.

Good luck.
    You are a very good teacher!
    04-16-08 12:14 PM
    We can help you enjoy your new phone. There are plenty of people here with a wealth of knowledge. Just ask and you will be amazed at what happens.
    04-16-08 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD