my usb port broke in my blackberry and i got a new one sent to me. however, verizon claims they cant get my contacts or anything off the phone and neither can i. i forgot to transfer my most recent backup files when i got my new computer so i am kind of out of luck. is there any way to synch or backup my data over the air? any help would be appreciated.
    01-18-08 09:19 AM
    Bluetooth is your friend.
    01-18-08 09:33 AM
    care to elaborate? i'm not sure what to do
    01-18-08 12:46 PM
    Turn on Bluetooth on your PC/Laptop, turn on Bluetooth on the Phone. Pair the two together. Then go into Connections in Desktop Manager and tell it to use Bluetooth instead of USB.

Obviously if you don't have Bluetooth capabilities on your PC/Laptop you're out of luck. If you use a Mac... (I won't say anything).
    01-18-08 06:03 PM
    i have bluetooth, but both my laptop and phone ask for security codes, where can i find those?
    01-19-08 07:41 PM
    You can pair without codes or you can pair with a predefined code. Set your phone to discoverable. Then set your laptop to search. When it adds the phone it'll ask what you want to do about a code. If you tell it to generate one it'll display the code on the screen and ask you to type the code on the BB to verify it for pairing. The wizard really walks you through step by step.
    01-19-08 07:44 PM
    You could also get a 3rd party BES which will backup your PIM information, so when you get a new berry you can just do an enterprise activation to get your data back on the new one, but that would be too complicated
    01-21-08 03:24 PM
    ok its paired now, but desktop manager cant detect it. under connections, it only gives me the usb or com ports as options and the enable bluetooth box is greyed out. sorry to be a bother
    01-21-08 04:59 PM
    bluetooth backup no longer works with dm - thanks to sprint
    01-28-10 08:55 PM
    BT will work as long asd the BT stack uses internal Microsoft drivers. If it uses Toshiba stack your SOL.
    01-28-10 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD