Hello...

I have done alot of research on this through the forums, I recently installed the newest OS and like most others the ringtones are not working...I looked in the RIM Shared foler, obviously under common files and cannot find..

net_rim_bb_medialoader_qualcomm.cod

I am a little confused to say the least, any thoughts, I just picked up this device a few weeks back, running Desktop manager 4.6...

Sorry in advance to those that might be offended....
    11-07-08 06:01 PM
    Why would we be offended?
    11-07-08 06:04 PM
    Found this in another thread:

1) Grab the net_rim_bb_medialoader_8830.cod file and download it to your PC (search this forum or google for a copy of the file)
    2) Move the file to the RIM directory (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8830-v4.5.0.77_P3.2.0.51\Java)
    3) Connect your BB to your PC and Start up your Desktop Manager Application
    4) Click on "check for updates". Follow the prompts, the installer will recognize the new file you just added and will install it to the BB. Once it's done, disconnect your BB from the PC
    5) With the BB still on, remove the battery and put it back in.
    6) Once the device reloads call your BB from another phone, you will have your ringer back and vibrate!
    11-07-08 06:07 PM
    nice berry me. I was looking for that when you posted it. I do remember having trouble doing that step, mainly because I tend to start at the bottom and work up
    11-07-08 07:13 PM
    Perfect, problem solved thanks for the aid...

I just saw some posts where people were not to happy about the same questions asked over and over, didn't want to waste their time.....
    11-10-08 10:38 AM
    i had the same problem. i had to download the same thing...

dont worry about asking the same question over and over again..... its hard to find the 1 post that tells u the answer....so its easier to make another 1 and some1 will answer
    11-10-08 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD