Hi,

This is probably a stupid question and i haven't really searched the forum.

I have downloaded the BlackBerry Desktop OS v4.3 hoping i guess that it would update my App Version on my BlackBerry.

But nothing happened on my handheld BB8820.
    Only some new applications when i upgraded the desktop to v4.3 but strictly to the desktop nothing new was transfered to my handheld and it is still runnning @

Platform: 2.4.0.55
    App Version: 4.2.2.116 (228)

Does my carrier update the App Version on my handheld or can we do this manually?

Please post a link if possible on how to do this.

Thank You
    01-10-08 03:25 AM
    They are two separate things ..DM (Desktop Manager ) and your device OS(operating System) which you are calling "App Version on my handheld" Currently the OS for your device is 4.2.X.XXX there is no 4.3 yet ... hopefully soon but for now you are current. Your carrier will NOT ota update your OS you will have to download it from their website install it on your computer then run desktop manager and it ( DM ) will install the new OS. log into your carriers site now and find the the download section for your devices software and book mark it so you can keep checking for updates.
    01-10-08 03:50 AM
    Thanks tiger123sw

Appreciate the advise about DM & OS.

About my carrier AIS - i hope they can provide the OS for it. If not i may go over to TRUE only if the service with AIS is not good.

Will it have any affect on my current OS when using DM v4.3 ?

I mean problems

Thanks
    01-10-08 05:02 AM
    Thanks tiger123sw

Appreciate the advise about DM & OS.

About my carrier AIS - i hope they can provide the OS for it. If not i may go over to TRUE only if the service with AIS is not good.

Will it have any affect on my current OS when using DM v4.3 ?

I mean problems

Thanks
    I am not familiar with AIS .. / True Sorry We are all waiting for the OS upgrade to 4.3 hopefully it will be soon

DM 4.3 will not have any affect on your current OS .. I have been using DM 4.3 for a month now with no problems
    01-10-08 05:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD