My 8820 is only showing a 507 error after a failed upgrade. I've tried everything today to reload the OS. When I run Desktop Manager, it fails to connect, even though it shows the connection in the Device Manager. When I run the apploader either with command prompts or through the windows GUI, it sees the USB connection, but tells me that there are no applications available for my device - even though I've downloaded and installed the latest OS. Anyone have any suggestions?
    07-06-09 06:11 PM
    Check out this thread for help How do I recover a Dead BlackBerry
    07-06-09 06:37 PM
    That's the thread I followed the first time. The only step I missed was trying to run the loader with the battery removed. I'm reloading the DM and OS on my PC and I'll try it again with the battery out.
    07-06-09 07:06 PM
    Followed all the steps and here's what I got. Apploader sees my device - and then asks me to input my pin. I input the pin and then the screen on the BB goes dark. Apploader waits a minute or so and then delivers the message that BB Desktop Software does not have BB Device Software for the device that you have connected.........
    07-06-09 07:26 PM
    Success! What I had to do was run the apploader from the Desktop Manager with the battery out at first. It progressed a bit and then gave me a new error. So I put the battery back in and ran it again and my brick is now a phone!
    azamail71 likes this.
    07-06-09 08:14 PM
    Yay! Glad you got your phone back. Been there, done that, and I know how it feels (not pretty). Funny enough, it's always that one little step that you miss that stands between you and success. Trust, hopefully it won't happen again (cuz it can be a pain to get the process just right), but if it does, you won't be nearly as frantic, and there is a wealth of information on here. Welcome to CrackBerry by the way...the addiction has only just begun...
    07-07-09 02:53 AM
    Glad you got your phone back to normal. If you don't do it already, make sure you wipe your device before performing upgrades. Then restore backup after
    07-09-09 07:04 AM
    i have follow the step what u done, and it's success, thanks
    08-29-13 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD