Hi all,
    Just joined the forum. Tried to search for this topic before starting new one but didn't find anything. My carrier is Verizon Wireless. I just updated to OS 4.5 yesterday and been reading that it comes with Documents To Go. Install went fine but I don't have Documents To Go. The file I downloaded from vzw.smithmicro.com is 8830AMEA_PBr4_1_.5.0_rel205_PL3.4.0.30_A4.5.0.138_ Verizon_Wireless.exe
    Am I supposed to have Documents To Go on this? Thanks.

DMen09
    08-11-09 05:53 PM
    I did find Documents To Go. After I installed the 4.5 OS, I had to use the Desktop Manager's Application Loader. When it searched for available updates and software, Documents To Go was a choice to select and add.
    08-11-09 09:09 PM
    Hi all,
    Just joined the forum. Tried to search for this topic before starting new one but didn't find anything. My carrier is Verizon Wireless. I just updated to OS 4.5 yesterday and been reading that it comes with Documents To Go. Install went fine but I don't have Documents To Go. The file I downloaded from vzw.smithmicro.com is 8830AMEA_PBr4_1_.5.0_rel205_PL3.4.0.30_A4.5.0.138_ Verizon_Wireless.exe
    Am I supposed to have Documents To Go on this? Thanks.

DMen09
    I had read about this before I updated my OS. I knew I had to pick Docs To Go to be installed or it wouldn't be there. Please be aware it uses up about 2 meg of your internal memory. I find myself doing a battery pull about once a week to free memory and I hardly ever use docs2go. At this point, you should be able to install it, but you will have to do it from the pc like you did the OS upgrade.

The difficulty in searching for this is most people upgraded to 4.5 back at version 77. Verizon didn't get 4.5 officially until version 138. The last 3 numbers in the version name are 138. I decided to wait for an official Verizon version rather than go through deleting a vendor.xml file to use Sprint's version of the update on my Verizon phone as so many others here at CB chose to do.

Because so many updated "early", a lot of the discussion here at CB about keeping apps and making space on your phone by leaving out sample videos, etc are all many months before we got 138 and are related to 77.

The worst case scenario is you have to upgrade your os again, this time remembering to pick docs 2 go. The best case scenario is you can simply add docs2go. Either way, you don't have to pay for it.

I did find Documents To Go. After I installed the 4.5 OS, I had to use the Desktop Manager's Application Loader. When it searched for available updates and software, Documents To Go was a choice to select and add.

Oops. I type too slow
    08-13-09 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD