Hello Folks,

I have recently installed Opera Mini on my 8830 and LOVE it. My question is can I make it my default Blackberry Browser. There are times I will click a link in Opera Mini and it will open the page in the BB Browser.

Thanks,
    Harold

�Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms (of government) those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny� Thomas Jefferson
    11-16-08 07:28 AM
    No, it's been asked numerous times and you cannot do that. If you like the current 4.1 Opera, go and try the 4.2 Beta of it. It's faster and a little better. Point your BB browser to www.operamini.com/beta to get it.
    11-16-08 02:08 PM
    I have an 8830 and use OM4.1 and tried to download 4.2 but it said that it did not recognize my type of phone. Wish it did! Has anyone else had that happen?
    11-17-08 11:01 AM
    I have recently installed Opera Mini on my 8830 and LOVE it.
    I hadn't heard of Opra Mini before. I am going to check it out. Thanks!
    11-17-08 11:31 AM
    I have an 8830 and use OM4.1 and tried to download 4.2 but it said that it did not recognize my type of phone. Wish it did! Has anyone else had that happen?
    You have to go to the website above via the Blackberry Browser and make sure that the emulation on it is set to Blackberry. If the emulation is not Blackberry, it will not work properly. Do that correctly and you'll see a link for the non-signed version on the wap OTA site. The screen will look the same as it did when you first installed OM4.1 so you should know what to expect.
    11-17-08 11:43 AM
    Hello Guys,

Thanks for the reply. I installed the 4.5 beta firmware update to my 8830 yesterday. Now the default BB browser plays both streaming video and java.

Thanks,
    Harold

A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves. - Bertrand de Jouvenel
    11-17-08 08:22 PM
    After installing OperaMini 4.2beta I cannot use my BB browser. I keep getting the MDS connection error... I love 4.2 but I am not willing to lose all of my DL'ing capabilities for it.
    11-18-08 07:08 AM
    What are the pro's and con's with using Opera Mini? I've obviously already seen a few here.
    11-18-08 07:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD