I just got a corporate Blackberry 8830WE on Bell Mobility in Ontario with unlimited data plan. It is not yet activated on BES.

I downloaded unsigned Opera Mini 4.1. I tried downloading those three signed versions, one by one, but I got download failure each time. Only unsigned version downloaded and installed fine.

I set Internet access permission for Opera to "Allow" (yet it still asks for permission to connect at the beginning of each session, no big deal).

Now, here is the problem: Opera Mini connects no problem to some sites (for example main CNN site), but gives me "Failed to connect to the Internet" error with other sites (for example Wikipedia's web site). When I click to start the connection test on the error page it asks for permission to access the network, I click OK, and then I get the message "You have a working network connection".

I tried both HTTP and Sockets as Protocol in Opera's Settings but with the same result.

Any suggestions how to fix it?

Cheers,

GeorgeC
    05-30-08 10:42 AM
    Did you d/l the beta, or the full version. The final release of Mini is out and available for d/l OTA...may be a good idea to try that...it may though have something to do with your BES firewall...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-08 02:56 PM
    I installed the latest "silent" release posted on mini.opera.com site on May 22, 2008. I was experiencing these problems before I activated my BB on the company's BES.

After BES activation I removed and redownloaded the same latest version of Opera Mini 4.1 and guess what - it seems to be working now. No problem connecting to any site!

Weird, but I am a happy camper now!

Cheers,

GeorgeC
    05-30-08 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD