Got the 8830. Love it. However, I have handsfree functionality on my factory radio in my Infiniti G35. The bluetooth connection sounds like crap! Had a Moto Razr and it was perfect. Unlike those who are using the bluetooth ear pieces, I cannot just go try out a new radio to see if I can get a better connection. Luckily, it's not a law in my state to have to use handsfree, so I suppose I could just get over it....but I don't wanna!!

Can/Will anyone help or am I just SOL?
    07-28-08 03:43 PM
    Not really sure if there's anything to help with. You have no control over sound quality over Bluetooth. My guess is that the OS that's on the phone has some issues with Bluetooth clarity. You could try another OS from another carrier for your model BB or you could return the phone... maybe for an 8330 if CS carries it.
    07-28-08 03:52 PM
    Thank you for responding! Unfortunately, my phone is a company phone and I can't return it for another model. Also, I'm ignorant to the procedure of updating/replacing the OS. Oh well, thanks again!! BTW, not sure if it's been coincidence so far, but I turned the echo reduction off and it seems to have helped. Again, probably just coincidence.
    07-29-08 07:55 AM
    Welcome to the forums! Be sure to check out the "Getting Started Guide" and the "BlackBerry 101 Lecture Series" under the Newbies tab at the top of the page.

I encourage you not to upgrade until you are more familiar with your device. Otherwise, you will have a hard time following the procedure and will almost certainly end up with a non-functioning device. Wait a week or two. Use your device. Read the forums and watch the problems other people have upgrading. Then, when you're ready, find the following post by bmcclure937: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/. Follow his procedure, and you if have any problems, people here will be able to help you.

Finally, there is something a little bit off with Bluetooth and 8830's. Some people seem to have no problem with any headsets. I have returned two different models that would not stay connected after I'd used them for a couple of weeks. Other people with 8830's use those same models with no problems. It's not just my 8830, I've seen enough other posts to know that, but I haven't found a pattern yet. Hopefully you are not in that group.
    07-29-08 08:06 AM
    Turn it back and see if it was coincidence or not. Also, under Phone Options, there's something called Enhanced Audio, turn that off if it's on.
    07-29-08 08:08 AM
    I'm not finding anything called Enhanced Audio under Options. Also, don't find anything like that under Media (as I've read somewhere else) or under Bluetooth. I will test the echo reduction on and off to find out if it's coincidence and let you guys know.
    07-30-08 01:08 PM
    strange. both my friend and I have 8830's and they sound fine in his G35...
    07-30-08 01:13 PM
    I'm not finding anything called Enhanced Audio under Options. Also, don't find anything like that under Media (as I've read somewhere else) or under Bluetooth. I will test the echo reduction on and off to find out if it's coincidence and let you guys know.
    I didn't say Options. I said "Phone Options". Go into Phone mode and then hit Menu/Options. It's in there.
    07-30-08 02:55 PM
    Got the 8830. Love it. However, I have handsfree functionality on my factory radio in my Infiniti G35. The bluetooth connection sounds like crap! Had a Moto Razr and it was perfect. Unlike those who are using the bluetooth ear pieces, I cannot just go try out a new radio to see if I can get a better connection. Luckily, it's not a law in my state to have to use handsfree, so I suppose I could just get over it....but I don't wanna!!

Can/Will anyone help or am I just SOL?
    I have had 3 different Bluetooth phones in my FX35... they all sucked. I gave up.
    This is also my second FX35... the both sucked. And for 07 it was supposed to "better" than 06... BS!
    07-30-08 02:59 PM
    works great in the 09 fx35!
    08-05-08 08:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD