I have a Sprint 8830, and I'm trying to update to 4.5.0.138. I'm using DM 4.6. I'm not using Windows 7. I deleted the vendor.xml file. I wiped the device before I tried the install. I'm using loader.exe directly. I'm using the ESN version, not the MEID version (and yes, I have an ESN device). For some reason... it refuses to acknowledge that 4.5.0.138 is a valid OS for my device!! What gives?? (As a side note, the same thing is happening with my gf's 8330m).
    05-23-09 09:21 PM
    Oh, and I have the better part of 2,000 posts, so if anyone tries to send me to one of the 101 lectures, I'm gonna flip. I'm not a newbie. Thanks. Lol.
    05-23-09 09:23 PM
    If you ever tried DM 4.7, you may have extra copies of vendor.xml installed. I know you know where to find it normally, but have you looked in non-standard locations using search?
    05-23-09 10:36 PM
    I hadn't, but I just did, and there are no errant vendor.xml files lurking on my computer. I also tried downgrading to DM 4.5, and still no luck... Have I completely lost my mind?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 10:40 PM
    Have you tried CrackMem? I know you know how to upgrade your OS, but in case you're single-mindedly making the same mistake over and over, letting CrackMem run the process for you might break that cycle. I used it when I upgraded from 4.2.2.196 to 4.5.0.138 earlier this month.
    05-23-09 10:47 PM
    I'm not sure what the issue was, but I ran CrackMem and it worked like a charm. I don't know why I didn't do that to begin with. I knew you'd help me out jeff! Thanks a bunch!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD