hmm, it would be great to have Subway Maps on my BB..kind of Google Maps style with the Subway Lines on it.

Anyone know of any?

Thanks in advance..
    03-22-08 08:10 AM
    03-22-08 08:14 AM
    thanks Sola, but that one doesn't seem to be made for the 8830 as there's basically no functionality after it opens..no ability to zoom in or move around the map like with an Ajax based application like Google Maps. From what I can tell you need to choose a Station?..doesn't make any sense to me.

Any other ones?
    03-22-08 11:27 AM
    How bout just an image and you can view it and zoom in/out at your hearts content?

http://www.blackstonesbarnyc.com/bs_...Subway-map.jpg
    03-22-08 11:29 AM
    What about just using the MTA Mobile site? That's what I use.
    03-22-08 11:32 AM
    ..wow, I appreciate the input but none of these come even close to what I'd hope for..on one of them you sure can zoom in but good luck reading it as it's blurry beyond belief and the other one just lists the stops and although it mentions "Maps", I couldn't find any..not only that, but when I'm checking out the grid, I'd hope to see all the lines and how they connect so as to best plot my route..none of these options come even close..hmm, I guess there's nothing to do..bummer..to see what I'm comparing the suggestions listed above to, check out onnyturf.com/subway/ for the desktop..but alas, they have no plans to make their application available for smart phones..that being said, I do appreciate the efforts from everyone..

Thanks...
    Last edited by jfra; 03-23-08 at 12:36 AM. Reason: words
    03-23-08 12:34 AM
    Thanks for the links.
    03-23-08 06:05 AM
    Try hopstop.com
    05-28-08 12:42 PM
    i just searched on google for a map of the subways and saved it to my phone
    05-28-08 03:45 PM
    To get an idea of what's possible, checkout the Washington DC Metro. Metro - Homepage. I lived there for 9 months, rode it every day, and used the metro mobile site daily.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-08 03:51 PM
    check out Tube 2 from visualit.co.uk

They have subway maps and streetmaps with subway stations available
    06-04-08 01:50 PM
    Psht real New Yorkers know the subway by heart anyway! lol jk jk I just use the mta mobile site I thought there were maps that are viewable there though.
    06-04-08 02:34 PM
    there is a program called tube2NY well i think its just tube2 and than whatever city you have it for. this shows subway maps and stops, with routing options and all, its out for blackberry, windows mobile, and palm. this is one of the better programs cause it stores the maps locally so you can use it in the subway wile out of service range. also when you are above ground it has an area to get service updates.

.... i would post the url but aparently cause im new to the fourms crackberry wont let me..... just google tube2
    03-13-09 05:33 PM
    I understand what your asking. Unfortunately, an app of this kind does not yet exist. Surprising, considering the number of BB users in NYC...

There's an app for the iPhone/iPod touch, which I often use, that is IMHO perfect, and getting better with each update. If you have an iPod Touch as well, go to the app store and download "iTrans NYC" ...not sure if its free anymore, I think they started charging for it.

..wow, I appreciate the input but none of these come even close to what I'd hope for..on one of them you sure can zoom in but good luck reading it as it's blurry beyond belief and the other one just lists the stops and although it mentions "Maps", I couldn't find any..not only that, but when I'm checking out the grid, I'd hope to see all the lines and how they connect so as to best plot my route..none of these options come even close..hmm, I guess there's nothing to do..bummer..to see what I'm comparing the suggestions listed above to, check out onnyturf.com/subway/ for the desktop..but alas, they have no plans to make their application available for smart phones..that being said, I do appreciate the efforts from everyone..

Thanks...
    03-13-09 06:20 PM
    Yeah, I think Tube 2 is what you're looking for...

Tube 2

03-14-09 02:38 PM
    I agree with HockeyFan3000. Considering that when you are on the train, reception can be questionable at best, I found that the most realistic solution was a high-quality .gif of the entire system. I just created a "Maps" subfolder on my media card and now I'm able to pull it up regardless of whether or not I actually have service. I travel a lot, so I did this with maps of Toronto, Boston, DC, NYC, Atlanta, London, etc.
    03-14-09 07:56 PM
    No, No, No, Tube 2 is not what I'm looking for..thanks but no thanks..looking for a freebie..just like when I use Subway Hack on my home computer..I agree with recent posters that this shouldn't be such an improbability. I might have to do like last poster and utilize the high -quality gif method :-(
    03-16-09 06:40 PM
    THERE'S NOW AN APP FOR THAT on blackberry app world. Just goto app world and search "NYC Subway Map" to find it. Works great. It downloads the image assets to your external memory card on first download to save your phone's memory from being hogged. And it works offline too!

It's not free because it's been licensed from the MTA which is an expensive process. The bus maps for each borough are also available as separate apps.
    10-27-09 02:49 PM
    Here are two launchers, one for LIRR, and for MTA Mobile.

I figure you can choose the options that best suit what you need.

10-27-09 03:17 PM
    Google Maps for Mobile 3.2.0 (released last week) now has support for layers. Inside GMM, "left" click, select "layers", select "more layers", and select "transit lines".

For NYC, you can see the colored subway lines and you can click on individual stations for more information.

Oh yeah, it's free (and easy).
    10-29-09 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD