Somehow when I was entering addresses into the address book the numbers got locked on and now I cant figure out how to unlock them. I have searched everywhere and cant find the info. Just need a little help
    06-09-08 12:06 PM
    Alt-L.shift toggles num lock mode. Shift will clear it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-08 12:17 PM
    when I do that it only allows me to type one letter in caps and then reverts back to numbers
    06-09-08 12:29 PM
    I can't replicate your problem. Suggest you pull the battery if you have not already done so.

06-09-08 12:39 PM
    if you hit ALT and then right after the key with an arrow that looks like this "aA" (shift key - next to 0, under Z), it will put you in number lock.
    just hit ALT again and it should go away. if it says NUM up in the right hand corner, you're still in number lock.

my friend did that and had it stuck like that for days before she ran into me and we figured it out! don't feel bad!

we both have 8830s like you so this should work.

otherwise, when in doubt, like JeffH said, pull the battery. usually fixes whatever ails the bb.

molly

ps post back so we others can benefit! thanks!
    06-09-08 05:26 PM
    wow ive been trying to figure that out for a while too.. i think knowing num lock makes life a lot easier. thanks everyone!
    06-29-08 02:39 AM
    Does anybody read their supplied Owner's manual anymore???!!!!

06-29-08 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD