Does anyone know how to block a number from calling my BB 8830???????
    10-29-07 03:06 PM
    Look at Antair CallScreener. IMHO it's worth the $ or at least it is for me.
    10-29-07 03:08 PM
    Does anyone know how to block a number from calling my BB 8830???????
    Have you called your carrier to see if they can block it on their end?
    10-29-07 03:37 PM
    Take a look at iBerry Black and Whitelist

iBerry Black & Whitelist is an application which detects incoming calls and rejects unwanted callers who are blacklisted and allows only callers in the whitelist to come through. You can also use the address book rule to allow only callers in address book. Block even if the caller’s number is unknown or private number.

According to iBerry the phone is disconnected in 50 milliseconds, and the application disables the buzz sound before the Blackberry device starts to make that annoying sound. The callers won’t even know that they are blacklisted or NOT whitelisted, they will hear the busy tone or forwarded to voice mail, depending on your phone setting.

Black & Whitelist - Blackberry

Alternatively just call the mistress to say that your wife does not appreciate you receiving her calls
    Last edited by Berryman; 10-29-07 at 04:31 PM.
    10-29-07 04:14 PM
    Alternatively just call the mistress to say that your wife does not appreciate you receiving her calls

Or better yet, get another mobilephone just for your mistress to call. So anytime that rings, you know it is her
    10-29-07 04:31 PM
    I have a Verizon 8830 and I have been trying to download the software from eAccess site, but none of files are allowing me to download onto my pc or the hand device. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong here? I'm in dire need here.
    Thanks...
    12-01-07 08:53 PM
    I went to that site to see, but I can't even click on it. I purchased mine at handango.com and when I did search for it, I can't find it either. Could they have pulled this app down
    12-01-07 09:14 PM
    Black and Whitelist

I plan on getting this too when i get my phone.
    Last edited by silver; 12-03-07 at 06:59 PM.
    12-03-07 06:57 PM
    Just downloaded this software and it is pretty darn cool. I am using the Black and Whitelist and the i, Call Manager EX: US Edition combo. Had to try it out and it works extremely well... And you can't beat Freeware...
    12-04-07 12:47 AM
    yeah, I have a program similar to this on my current smartphone (non-BB). It works well with hidden numbers, but doesnt seem to work with numbers on my phone list. I have some annoying people on my list that sometimes I wish I didnt know. :P
    12-04-07 01:09 AM
    yeah, I have a program similar to this on my current smartphone (non-BB). It works well with hidden numbers, but doesnt seem to work with numbers on my phone list. I have some annoying people on my list that sometimes I wish I didnt know. :P
    well you can always delete them from your phonebook, or change their name to DNA(insert name here)

(Do Not Answer) a personal favorite..
    try these
    DNA Mom
    DNA Girlfriend's friend
    DNA Boss
    spanishmama likes this.
    03-25-08 06:33 PM
    You can also do this: use the address book, find the name, highlight it, press the menu key, choose "add a custom ringtone", then select a unique tone that you will never hear or be bothered by. Not hard to do, at least for the 8830!
    03-26-08 07:47 AM
    I thought Black/White list was free? Why is it telling me $15?
    03-28-08 12:10 PM
    Same here?
    04-09-08 01:00 AM
    Same here?
    I remember it was free to try out with limited use and it was for $10. It actually has gone up in price. Still worth the $15 in my opinion.
    04-09-08 11:57 AM
    where can u purchase black & whitelist from?
    04-21-08 10:11 AM
    where can u purchase black & whitelist from?
    Right here: Black & Whitelist - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    04-21-08 11:48 AM
    Check out www (dot) grandcentral (dot) com - "GrandCentral: The New Way to Use Your Phones", a high-feature phone app that was just bought by Google (considered beta at the moment...and free) that allows for all kinds of cool things for organizing phones, contacts, voicemails, on and on. Allows for black/white lists and way more.
    04-21-08 01:08 PM
    Or, you could just turn off the phone....
    04-21-08 05:04 PM
    regarding GrandCentral -- it is a GREAT service, I have used it for over a year and love it.

However, I think you will find that it does *not* have full Whitelist/Blacklist functionality. You *can* set it up to reject incoming calls with blocked caller ID, to reject calls from the GC spam list, screen unknown callers and let you choose whether to accept or reject, but you cannot set up selective blocking by the phone number. So if it's an old flame that keeps calling, that number can be screened but not blocked. Wish it had that capabilty, but it is not there yet.
    04-21-08 07:14 PM
    Thanks for the info. I'm going to check out both sites.
    04-21-08 11:07 PM
    You can also do this: use the address book, find the name, highlight it, press the menu key, choose "add a custom ringtone", then select a unique tone that you will never hear or be bothered by. Not hard to do, at least for the 8830!
    I had the ringtone "shut up" by the black eyed peas for anyone that I didn't wanna talk to. Worked very well. Then my Sync & LG Shine had actual reject lists in the call section of the phone. Simply add a number manually, or from your address book, kinda like this black & white thing. I need to invest in it bc I keep getting a 00000000 caller & it drives me crazy. Just block it & be on with it!
    06-04-08 06:09 PM
    Sooooo
    This black & white thing... is something I'd have to download to the computer, then xfr to the phone using the device manager thing from the CD that I have yet to bring home from work, that came with my curve????
    06-04-08 07:34 PM
    Does anyone know how I can block my number in a SMS Message?
    06-16-08 05:40 PM
    Whoa Black and whitelist has went up to $25.00 now.
    11-12-08 01:21 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD