I've had this old 8830 for about 2 months or so and occasionally when I turn it on the red LED comes on for exactly 15 seconds and the shuts off for 15 seconds. The red LED notifier goes on and off at 15 second intervals indefinitely. I am forced to remove the battery to get it to stop. As soon as I put the battery in, it begins its cycle of 15 on, 15 off again. I've left it plugged into the wall for around 20 minutes while it cycles with no success. I tried plugging it into my Mac and when the red LED comes on, BB desktop manager recognizes it, launches and says "waiting for device to start" and displays a generic BB phone icon. It does not have any device info shown, although I have synced it before. After the LED is on for 15 seconds, it goes off as usual. After being off for 15 seconds, BB Desktop manager says "Could not connect to your BB device. Please disconnect and try again." If you click ok, it tries again, and 30 seconds later it gives the same message. EVERY TIME. I've left it plugged into the wall, I've taken out the battery and put it back in several times, and I've tried using my computer to revive it, with no success.
    The battery was low-ish when I turned it off so maybe that has something to do with it, however it has been plugged straight into the wall for about 20 minutes now with no results.
    Help!
    Thanks
    11-02-10 06:23 PM
    Read some articles about "nuked" blackberrys here at the forums
    11-15-10 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD