I just got this thing, so please bare with me if this is an easy fix.

If i go out of network coverage the phone will say "no service" however once i go back to an area where i know there should be, its not finding/looking for it. I have to turn it off, then back on and then it has network coverage. Is it a simple setting on the phone? Or could this be something more serious?

cheers!
    01-08-08 10:28 PM
    oh and another thing, I dont have the browser icon in my application list (hidden or not). only way i can see it is if im in an application and go to the switch application list. its there, but not on the main screen.
    01-08-08 10:31 PM
    to reconnect, try options > manage connections > mobile connection. turn it off and back on (uncheck/check) the box

Your browser icon is somewhere... try pulling the battery on your BB while it is powered on, replace and reboot the bb. See if you can find it.
    01-08-08 10:34 PM
    to reconnect, try options > manage connections > mobile connection. turn it off and back on (uncheck/check) the box

Your browser icon is somewhere... try pulling the battery on your BB while it is powered on, replace and reboot the bb. See if you can find it.
    ok i will try this. why is it not reconnecting automatically though? i mean if im in a location where signal isnt that strong, shouldnt it continually search?
    01-08-08 10:38 PM
    yes it should reconnect automatically, but your issue is not unheard of. I've had that problem in weaker signal areas.

If you used an older SIM card to put in the new BB, ask your carrier at a retail store to swap the SIM out. I had a similar problem a couple years ago with dropping strong signals and not reconnecting and swapping SIMs for a new one solved it.

Good luck.
    01-08-08 11:12 PM
    yes it should reconnect automatically, but your issue is not unheard of. I've had that problem in weaker signal areas.

If you used an older SIM card to put in the new BB, ask your carrier at a retail store to swap the SIM out. I had a similar problem a couple years ago with dropping strong signals and not reconnecting and swapping SIMs for a new one solved it.

Good luck.
    Thanks for your response. I shall contact my carrier today. However, I am with Bell Canada and it does not use a SIM card for their network. It has one, but I'm guessing that is for its "world" functioning.

Hopefully someone will know the answer, usually when you ask them about something related to blackberry they are completely clueless. We'll see this time.
    01-09-08 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD