Hey all, I just got my first Blackberry and so far I am loving it. However, The last two days, numerous people have been sending me text messages and I haven't received them. Also, I seem to only be getting about half of my emails. Any idea what I may be doing wrong here? TIA.
    04-15-08 11:30 AM
    You might have to get your Service Books re-sent. Login at your Verizon BIS site & click Service Books.. it'll give you the option to re-send them.
    04-15-08 11:39 AM
    Try a battery pull first and then if that does not help, then resend service books.
    04-15-08 11:44 AM
    how do i resend the service books? What is the Verizon BIS site?
    04-15-08 11:58 AM
    Here is a link to help you

resend service books
    04-15-08 12:09 PM
    Make sure the firewall is disabled.
    04-15-08 01:15 PM
    You might have to get your Service Books re-sent. Login at your Verizon BIS site & click Service Books.. it'll give you the option to re-send them.
    BIS service books have nothing to do with SMS provisioning.

To correct this, pull the battery first. Then go into Options/Advanced/Host Routing Table. The hit Menu and Register Handheld. If this does not fix your SMS problems, you'll have to call the carrier and have them check to make sure you're properly provisioned on the BB network to have SMS. (The BB provisioning tools they use to check this you do not access to.)
    Californya likes this.
    04-15-08 03:47 PM
    I'm new to Blackberry as well and I'm not sure how to get to the Options/Advanced/Host Routing Table you mention on my Bold. Can you please let me know where to go for that? Thanks.
    03-17-09 03:59 PM
    Make sure the firewall is disabled.
    Just a quick thank you to SK1 regarding ensuring firewall is disabled on your phone, I have been having problems receiving text over the past week and even after speaking to vodafone regarding the problem, trying what they said & installing a new sim card, with no joy, I tried the above suggestion and now am receiving text again. Also had the same problem on my other blackberry on different network & this worked the same.
    03-08-10 05:38 PM
    i am having the same issue with my blackberry 9700. just out of nowhere i stopped reciving only sms and i checked the firewall and got a new sim card, and i dont know what else to do. i just finished getting the sim card so ill give it some time before i go back to tmobile to investigate, but wtf!?
    03-24-10 01:20 PM
    hey everyone im also having trouble receiving text messages from others, dont know what to do
    08-04-10 06:15 PM
    BIS service books have nothing to do with SMS provisioning.

To correct this, pull the battery first. Then go into Options/Advanced/Host Routing Table. The hit Menu and Register Handheld. If this does not fix your SMS problems, you'll have to call the carrier and have them check to make sure you're properly provisioned on the BB network to have SMS. (The BB provisioning tools they use to check this you do not access to.)
    That worked just fine, couldn't figure it out by myself, thanks!
    02-12-11 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD