my new 8800 is unable to send text messages or receive them. is this operation normal?
    09-26-07 05:02 PM
    do you have a text package?
    09-26-07 05:10 PM
    Yes, it's completely normal---when AT&T screws up your account provisioning! Even if you don't have a text package, you should still be able to send and receive SMS, because then AT&T can charge you 10 cents per. If it's not working at all, they most likely goofed up your account.

First, make sure you know what kind of messaging options you have on your rate plan. Call customer service, explain that you have [whichever] messaging plan, but that you are unable to send or receive SMS text messages, and (say exactly thisthat you think your "account's provision flags may be set incorrectly."

I've been with AT&T/Cingular/Bellsouth Mobility for 11 years, and really my only complaint with them is that every time I alter my rate plan in any way, somebody ginches up the provisioning flags. I know for a fact that their system sweeps accounts automatically, searching for certain services to enable if they are turned off, and I think this might screw things up sometimes. It re-enabled internet access on my son's phone after I had purposefully removed it. I had to call and ask not only to block internet access, but also to block the bot from turning it back on! St00pid.
    09-27-07 05:05 AM
    I had the same problem for 8 months! just got it resolved today when i was playing around. Do these steps

1) OPtions
    2) security options
    3) firewall
    4) uncheck block incomming messages SMS

that should do the trick! let me know if it works
    10-01-07 01:20 PM
    I tried to do that but I went into firewall there was nothing there. It was blank. I just got a used 7750 (old I know) and I have sprint and they have no clue what is going on. Any suggestions?
    02-28-08 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD