hi

noob sorry. I just got this phone a BB 8830 WE, for free from a buddy of mine. I've never owned a pda before.

I tried searching the forums but i cant really find what im looking for. I'm using Sero for $30/month with unlimited data/txt.

i do not want to add any other costs from BB service.

CAn someone point me into the right direction for how to add the features i'm missing. mainly intenet, email, mms. I dont know what to look for really in the search bar.
    12-06-09 04:46 AM
    If you haven't already, you need to activate your phone on Sprint. I can't tell you how to do that.

There will be an email setup wizard on your 8830. It may be hidden. Press Menu / Show All so you can see the hidden icons and look for it. Run it to set up email accounts on your BlackBerry. I don't know if Sprint supports MMS on the 8830 or not. Verizon does not because the 8830 doesn't have a camera. It may also be necessary to resend your service books: How to Resend Service Books

To get the internet browser on your home screen, refresh your Host Routing Table. Options / Advanced Options / Host Routing Table / Register Now.
    12-06-09 10:11 AM
    Thank you for the reply, I tried the above and it did not work, I'm assuming you need a BIS plan and not just a regular data plan for this to work??
    12-06-09 01:25 PM
    I'm unsure what Sprint calls it, but yes, you will have to be on a BlackBerry data plan.
    12-06-09 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD