hi there, i am sorry that my first post is not to say hi but for help!!

I have a 8800 that i have recently aquired, it is on 02 and has major problems

i have no sms caperbility no internet and it locks after 20min and i cannot turn my password protection off i have no software to connect to the internet cannot send messages and other things

We have been talking to friends who have berrys and have come up with the idea that this was a company phone and has been limited to stop them playing about at work,

has anybody an idea on what to do or what it really is!!

all answers welcome and thankyou in advance for your time!!
    07-19-09 12:43 PM
    07-19-09 12:46 PM
    thanks for that......but!!!!

i cannot connect to it either
    through computer connection or bluetooth or anything really
    07-19-09 12:51 PM
    Hi Si! I thought I'd see you on here with your problem.

For the record, Simon's 8800 cannot connect to his PC as a mass storage device, nor can it send texts or connect to any other Bluetooth device.

His carrier has sent him a link via MMS or SMS, but he can't connect to the internet. What's more, his 8800 doesn't have a web browser installed.

He can't turn off the password request as it is locked to 'enabled' and when I tried to decrease the level of security on the device and SIM, the message I had was that ''The level of security you are trying to gain is below that of your IT policy''.

He needs this unit to be connectable, guys, so if anyone has any answers for him, it would be great.

Thanks all,

07-19-09 01:23 PM
    Does desktop manager see the phone if you connect it?
    07-19-09 01:29 PM
    Does desktop manager see the phone if you connect it?
    no its says there is a mass storage device connected, you click on it to gain access to the software, but it says that i need to connect device, does not open it!!

hi pete by the way, nice to see you again!!!
    07-19-09 01:34 PM
    What about CrackUtil, have you tried that?
    07-19-09 01:38 PM
    What about CrackUtil, have you tried that?
    sorry complete nwbie to this sort of thing, so the answer to your question is

??????? no
    07-19-09 01:40 PM
    sorry complete nwbie to this sort of thing, so the answer to your question is

??????? no
    Take a looky here, mate.
    07-19-09 01:42 PM
    OK, download and install to the pc CrackUtil If you use Vista be sure to run as administrator. Using the advanced tab, remove IT policy and then wipe the OS. Then reload a new os. This will eliminate any software issues.

You may need these.

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

http://www.crackberry.com/blackberry...ting-system-os

And the latest 8800 os.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f33/new...-161-a-262966/

Good luck, keep us posted.
    07-19-09 01:46 PM
    great will this still work without my berry connecting to my computer?
    i assume this will have to be done by putting the software to my sdcard then putting it in the phone?

thanks for all the help matey!!
    07-19-09 02:06 PM
    ok guys, so sorry to say this but i cannot connect to the computer with it, so i cannot run the crackutil, i have it on the computer and the berry connects to the comp but it wont transfer data to it to run the program

please help me
    07-20-09 11:27 AM
    Are you using the cable that came with it? I ask because there are 2 kinds of cables. If it's not the original cable, it may be just a charging cable. Not capable of data transfer. Look in the phone end. If it's a data cable there should be 5 pins. A charging cable will often only have 2 or 3.
    07-20-09 11:31 AM
    Are you using the cable that came with it? I ask because there are 2 kinds of cables. If it's not the original cable, it may be just a charging cable. Not capable of data transfer. Look in the phone end. If it's a data cable there should be 5 pins. A charging cable will often only have 2 or 3.
    yeah the cable is data, the computer sends the data to the berry and then says the berry restricts the data transfer
    07-20-09 01:11 PM
    And you couldn't get CrackUtil to remove the IT Policy?
    07-20-09 05:10 PM
    And you couldn't get CrackUtil to remove the IT Policy?
    no the computer cannot send data to the berry as it block it!!

nightmare aint it!!!
    07-21-09 10:40 AM
    Give RIM a shout, Si. They might suggest they re-install the OS.

Pete.
    07-21-09 02:26 PM
    Give RIM a shout, Si. They might suggest they re-install the OS.

Pete.
    going to tommorrow, but they charge �25 quid just to talk to me, they might say forget it, i just thought id try the guys on here first and see if the profs could do better than me!!
    07-21-09 03:00 PM
    How are you getting on with this, Si?
    07-24-09 11:26 AM
    I have the same problem. I used JL Commander to remove the it policy and wipe the device clean. I got access to SMS and was able to remove the device password. For the mass storage I still cannot get access. I did all I could to the phone. I bricked it, I erased everything, and still no access to mass storage. It sucks that I have to take my media card out and put it to the computer like that but I can live with it. Even though the phone mass storage feature doesnt connect, your computer does have access to update software or erase it.
    08-24-09 03:47 PM
    don't spend 25 pounds. Hang tight for a bit and a solution will arise. I am trying again to reset IT policy using crackutil and a different computer
    08-24-09 03:59 PM
    no luck with crackutil
    08-24-09 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD