I don't have Outlook on my XP computer.... I did get BB to sync with Outlook Express for my address book but I was wondering if there are any free programs that I can use to sync calendar, memos and tasks..... I keep a lot of memos on my BB for info at work. It would be nice to type these memos on the computer and just sync them to the BB. I could live without calendar and tasks. With the Palm Zire 31 I could type or paste memos in to the software and send them to the zire. The whole idea of getting the BB is so I don't have to carry 2 devices around. Also I have no data plan.... if that matters. Just WiFi.

Thanks for any help you may provide!!

newbie Barry
    03-18-08 09:55 AM
    funny, i'm looking for the same thing.

I could use access to all four (calendar, task list, contacts, and memos/notes.) With school this would be very handy. You can use Yahoo! calendar and tasks and even the contacts, I set it up last night for my BB and it works pretty much without a hitch.

The thing is that I would really just like a program on the computer, not the net.

Try Yahoo! though, it works good. Also I hear Google has a good calendar, but no task list or notes.

Hope that helps a little and I'd like to know if there is something else as well!
    03-18-08 08:41 PM
    Having a copy on the computer is nice. That is were the Palm Zire 31 was handy.... but I don't want to carry 2 devices. If I find something I will let you know.
    03-18-08 10:20 PM
    Check out google calender I think it syncs with blackberry's.
    I was going to post a link to an article but apparently you can't post a URL until you make ten posts????
    03-23-08 09:16 PM
    for working with wifi i found a free s/w called logicmail, but problem is I am not able to retrive mails from it after last night! why dont u give it a shot.
    03-23-08 11:45 PM
    I use the Gcal and sync it to my BB via Gsync. It actually works quite well! And since I've been fighting with trying to find a calendar I could use (since I'm on a Mac), it's been a great "sigh of relief!"
    03-23-08 11:54 PM
    u use gcal sync over wifi or with data plan? Cause I a trying it on wifi and I get java error, u have any idea or know any work around ?
    03-24-08 12:43 AM
    The 8130 for VZW doesn't have wifi, so I have a data plan.
    03-24-08 12:56 AM
    Hi-
    I just purchased the 8310. I am also looking to use the Zire software that is on my laptop so that I can type all of my contacts, taks etc on the laptop and just sync it into my curve.
    Any ideas or help would be great.
    Thanks

Karen
    Michigan
    07-13-08 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD