hey guys, i am kinda newbie for bb, i recently bought an unlocked bb8830 we ,,, everything just fine except no outgoing or incoming calls when i used a gsm sim even though signal strength is ok (just ok ,always 3 bars out of 5) it shows 'gsm' ... anything wrong with settings or something,, plz help me out ,, thanks !
    06-30-13 01:32 PM
    The signal strength should be adequate. What do you see or hear when you try to make or recieve a call?

Be aware that the 8830 was designed as a CDMA phone with secondary GSM capability. I'm not sure if there is a mode setting in the menus to enable GSM, but it appears you might have it set correctly if you see it recognise a signal. Does it indicate you have a named carrier connection?
    rks156 likes this.
    06-30-13 01:38 PM
    thanks for your sooo prompt response... yea i already set it to 'GSM', when i try to make a call,, it shows like , it's going to connect but no sound of a beep or dial tone or something.. after 15-20 sec it shows 'call failed' with 3 beep sound.. when i try to make a call on this cellphone from some other cellphone it's found switched off... and yea... it indicates the name of carrier..
    07-01-13 07:36 AM
    I've been travelling so sorry about the delayed response.

The only thing I can think to try now is to test (a) the phone with a different SIM, and (b) the SIM in a different phone. That should direct you to the source of the problem.
    rks156 likes this.
    07-05-13 06:38 AM
    hi, i have done every thing you've asked me to,, but for no good,, so i am gonna return it to the store i bought it from,, but thank you soooo much for all you help,, and let's hope the next one i will be delivered with will have no such problem,,, otherwise...i have no choice but to trouble you again,,, lol.. you rock !!!
    07-08-13 01:29 PM