Well after Christmas, all the young folks in the family who got new devices gave their old ones to the old folks. My dad ended up with a second hand 8820, and I'm trying to help him figure it out. It's a little challenging for me cause my first BB was a 9000, but we're getting through it. The only question I have is if this phone has internet browser. I looked under options and it only had MediaNet and Hot Spot available. So is the model too old for the regular browser, or is their something I can do?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 06:13 PM
    Well after Christmas, all the young folks in the family who got new devices gave their old ones to the old folks. My dad ended up with a second hand 8820, and I'm trying to help him figure it out. It's a little challenging for me cause my first BB was a 9000, but we're getting through it. The only question I have is if this phone has internet browser. I looked under options and it only had MediaNet and Hot Spot available. So is the model too old for the regular browser, or is their something I can do?

I had the same problem when I received my 8800 for Christmas; my device's software wasnt updated with the accurate applications like the Internet Browser (I just had media net). So I downloaded the Blackberry Desktop Manager on my pc, plugged my 8800 into my pc, and it updated the software for me.
    You can check your devices software version by options>about
    If thats not the problem (your device is up to date to ver. 4.5) then I would just try a battery pull, and see if that fixes the problem.
    12-27-09 01:31 AM
    Ok, I updated the os to the most current and did a batt pull but still no internet browser. Any more ideas?

12-28-09 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD