When my phone is locked and I get a phone call it just shows the number. It doesn't show the contact/caller ID for the caller or the ringtone assigned to it. I thought that was just a bug but another person I work with has the same exact 8830 the caller ID comes through when the phone is locked. Anyone experience this? Is there a fix?
    02-21-08 02:18 PM
    Options -> Security -> General Settings -> Include Address Book --> set to "No"
    02-21-08 03:56 PM
    Another shortcut is to do a forum search before posting and waiting for an answer. This is a very common question that has been answered many times.

And please don't ask about the ringer volume!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-08 04:00 PM
    What if I've tried that (and have rebooted as well) and it STILL doesn't work?

Nevermind - it helps when the number calling your phone is IN your contacts. LOL.
    Last edited by chrisk1979; 06-09-11 at 04:27 PM. Reason: I made a mistake....
    06-09-11 03:57 PM
    In case anybody finds this thread from a search, it is also discussed in THIS THREAD.

If you encrypt your contacts, the caller info will not show when the phone is locked.
    06-11-11 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD