I found the easiest way for me to getting browsing again was to run a diagnostics test and it will re-configure your browser settings..

Options ---> Mobile Network --->Menu ---> Diagnostics Test--->Menu--->RUN

That should fix it always does for me
    11-01-09 01:44 PM
    I'm on AT&T and am having no luck. I don't have the black berry internet services in my Service book to delete and undelete them. This happened after I installed 5.0 OS and am wondering if that was such a good idea now.. Any help?
    11-03-09 11:11 PM
    Well I really appreciate this thread and can see how the solutions have been helpful for people.
    I've tried every single one of them. None worked. Except for one...which has not proven to help or hurt.
    The suggested solution of going to the bis website just seems to taunt me.
    I went there because I am unable to use the browser on my phone. When I get to the site on my computer it asks me to enter my PIN and MEID.
    I did so, and it gave me this message.
    "Your account is not accessible via HTML browser. Please use your device to access BlackBerry Internet Service."
    COME ON!
    I've seen some sleuths crack some cases on this site before. Anyone who can crack this one will amaze me.
    I hate calling customer service...
    CrackBerry mates help me out.
    12-29-09 03:00 AM
    Well I really appreciate this thread and can see how the solutions have been helpful for people.
    I've tried every single one of them. None worked. Except for one...which has not proven to help or hurt.
    I went there because I am unable to use the browser on my phone. When I get to the site on my computer it asks me to enter my PIN and MEID.
    "Your account is not accessible via HTML browser. Please use your device to access BlackBerry Internet Service."
    COME ON!
    I've seen some sleuths crack some cases on this site before. Anyone who can crack this one will amaze me.
    Not sure what your problem is with the BIS site for verizon:

1. go to BIS for Verizon
    2. enter your user name and password, login
    3. click "help"
    4. click send service books

that is it.
    12-29-09 11:16 AM
    i tried the status stuff and didnt work, reset the blackberry and did a battery pull and it seemed to work, maybe the combo of the two worked for me, but i know if you do the *22899 it would probably work since then your totally reconnecting your berry to verizon and the blackberry server like the day you got it.
    12-29-09 04:43 PM
    I happened to notice tonight after a bit of frustration that on the BB Internet Service (at least for Verizon), that the direct link to the Service Books is no longer in the left hand menu, but rather it is accessed through the Help link in that same menu. Just a tidbit.
    01-15-10 02:40 AM
    I happened to notice tonight after a bit of frustration that on the BB Internet Service (at least for Verizon), that the direct link to the Service Books is no longer in the left hand menu, but rather it is accessed through the Help link in that same menu. Just a tidbit.
    if you read the steps I posted two posts before yours, that "tidbit" is described....
    01-15-10 10:30 AM
    I'm on AT&T and am having no luck. I don't have the black berry internet services in my Service book to delete and undelete them. This happened after I installed 5.0 OS and am wondering if that was such a good idea now.. Any help?
    I have the same issue except I'm using a phone from Verizon on a Bell network. So I can't use that special *28899 number or whatever it was since I'm not in a Verizon coverage area.

Bell Mobility customer service said earlier today that it should be working fine, I just switched to a data plan... but still no connectivity.

No service book to delete/undelete, Host Router Table push does not work (says "Registration Message Sent!" and then... nothing happens).

I even went into the Verizon BB help page and had them re-send my service books, and it said it was successful... still nothing.

Updated the OS to 5.0, maybe this is my problem? Could it be as simple as downgrading to an older version?

Desktop manager tells me that the browser is supposed to be installed (in fact it's a mandatory install, it won't let me de-select it) but it doesn't show up in my service book lists. How do I get it there?!?

Argh! Can anyone help me? I've been scouring the internet for hours and I've come up with nothing.
    01-23-10 09:45 PM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coreyoreilly
    COME ON!

Not sure what your problem is with the BIS site for verizon:

1. go to BIS for Verizon
    2. enter your user name and password, login
    3. click "help"
    4. click send service books

that is it.
    What the other poster is saying is he cannot follow your instructions because bb will not allow you us to log in on their website--see the error message he posted? I'm getting that too.

Way too many problems with this device. I am so sorry I ever got a Blackberry. It would be faster to send smoke signals; I spend more time trying to get this blasted device to work than I do using it. What a racket--I should have bought snake oil instead.

As calculationthemexo said, these problems coincide with system updates. I had to do the system update because my calendar sync won't work without the update. So it's a choice between calendar and Internet. (The 3 email accounts I have pointing to the device are still forwarding messages to the bb but the icons for each account are gone. If I wanted them in one big folder together, I would have set them up that way.)
    cherylMD likes this.
    01-25-10 10:06 AM
    ^I just did a battery pull, and presto change-o, the browser is back. My bookmarks are gone, but the browser works.

The 3 email accounts I was pushing to my device remain unchanged--all pushing to the messages folder but separate icons for each account are still gone. I have to reset them, I guess.

ETA: Ooooh! I powered down after that and restarted. Now my email icons are back.
    Last edited by audbene; 01-25-10 at 11:20 AM.
    01-25-10 11:17 AM
    OMG OMG OMG OMG *(_&^(^&*%^&$%$&^)*(&^&*!!!1!

ALL of my contacts are GONE!!

All of my email messages are gone too, but that's not as big a deal since I saved them online.

*(&^&(*! All my medical information I need for emergencies=gone.
    01-25-10 02:09 PM
    I have a flashed bb curve 8330. It's sprint but now runs on boost. My problem is I can't download flashplayer or any games because when I try it says I "no bb browser service books, contact service provider" I can't contact a service provider. How can I get by this blockade?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-10 11:33 PM
    meatdunk 15421 12 :33 AM Today -- [Ed] [Reply] [!!] I have a flashed bb curve 8330. It's sprint but now runs on boost. My problem is I can't download flashplayer or any games because when I try it says I "no bb browser service books, contact service provider" I can't contact a service provider. How can I get by this blockade?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-10 11:42 PM
    I'm having the same issue I think:

I'm using BB 9630 Tour with TMobile but my Internet service/Email/MMS are not working... Tmobile said that because they haven't made a 9600 series BB yet they are not able to send it Service Books... help please!!!
    05-22-10 06:14 PM
    you have to go to options/advanced options / host routing table / hit the menu
    button and hit "register". an email will be sent to your email box. You must "open"
    the email in order to acknowledge the "registration". close the in box and do a
    "quick pull" if you have this program or a reset by pulling the battery . when done,
    make sure the browser icon is showing on your desktop. this will enable the
    necessary service books via the host routing table and allow for registration
    confirmation and enable your browser. robert
    06-13-10 10:40 AM
    If you're missing the browser in your service books chances are you just need to provision the device again. options icon> mobile networks> start provisioning (if 8330) or Update profile (if 8530 or higher)
    06-16-10 09:35 PM
    this is the second time this has happened to me. The first time i just ended up getting a new phone but i don't want to have to pay the insurance again. A few days ago i had to re-download my os for my 8320 do to an app error caused by the today theme. When i did this everything went back to normal except the browser. when i enter the browser all it reads is " there are currently no browser configuration service book entires". this sucks major because i am paying for a data plan that i can't use cuz my browser doesn't work. i have tried every single thing i can find on how to fix it and nothing works. when i go to my service book and scroll down the ippp for bis, ippp for 5 click, mms transprot, and wpa2 trans are all disallowed. i have deleted and undeleted numerous times and nothing happens. i have even wipe my handheld several times over and again nothing. someone please help
    06-17-10 01:01 AM
    I found the easiest way for me to getting browsing again was to run a diagnostics test and it will re-configure your browser settings..

Options ---> Mobile Network --->Menu ---> Diagnostics Test--->Menu--->RUN

That should fix it always does for me

Anyone having the browser problem on VERIZON do what is posted above...It works I just did it two seconds ago and now anything that didn't work right now works. Great post Venom
    07-09-10 10:28 AM
    Hello,

I was wondering if someone can help me... I bought a Verizon 9530 that was unlocked and I am now using it in my country (Portugal). I have no browser and the problems that are being talked about in this thread. I tried most of the stuff that was put here but when I click "register now" in the host routing table menu it says "registration message sent" and nothing more happens. Also the service book menu just says "no entries" and there is nothing I can do there. I know I am supposed to have internet because with my card on my friend's 9500 everything works so I was wondering... Can someone help me with this issue? What should I do? Contact my carrier?

Thank you very much in advance!
    10-23-10 01:32 PM
    i have a verizon blackbery storm but i use it for at&t. its unlocked and it has this message. Can anyone help me?
    11-01-10 06:05 PM
    I have the same problem. I have even contacted rim through att and they bassicaly told me that it was because I was missing my browser service books... they told me that they would try sending the service books (no luck), then they told me that I should run the diag (no luck), then they wanted to know what service books I had on my phone (told them, but they would not tell me which ones I was missing), and finally (after over two hours on the phone) they told me that there was nothing that they could do because I unlocked the phone. I just need to know where I can download the browser service books strait from here or the internet.....

Note: I am aware that there is a forum on crackberry by Ptaylor that has the service books for download; but when I follow the instructions I am not able to download the service books on to my phone because I already have some of the said books on my phone (and im not sure which ones to delete so that I can just redownload the whole file of servicec books).

any help would be greatly appreciated......
    11-03-10 01:19 AM
    Hi. I'm using Torch 9800 and I live in a country where BB does not offer any service. In addition our wireless provider does not support BB to send me any service book. does any one know is it possible to manually add service book and activating email or not? and if yes how?
    11-19-10 10:49 AM
    hey! my browser doesn't work in my blackberry bold 9000. and it says there that I don't have any browser configuration service book entries.

can somebody help me? please!!
    12-08-10 03:49 AM
    nothing happens. huhu
    12-08-10 03:56 AM
    i have the same problem as everyone but none of the solutions helped all. i need help please. thanks.
    ddry999 likes this.
    12-19-10 06:05 PM
105 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD