10-21-09 10:31 PM
129 ... 456
tools
  1. mooncat1337's Avatar
    K so I did this update. I followed the instructions. No issues with the download. Backed up the device. Loaded the new software. Resubmitted all the data from the blackberry but now the browsers missing as well as bb messenger, aim, facebook, and my ability to recieve and send text messages.... so.. HELP!!!!!!
    03-30-09 12:32 AM
  2. bfoster's Avatar
    It's weird but mine looked good right after the install, then after the first battery pull things went downhill from there LOL! Took me a couple days before I noticed BBmaps were gone...
    03-30-09 12:50 AM
  3. lcooksey's Avatar
    The instructions in this thread were great. I have DM 4.7, so I used the Loader.exe file from the OS download instead of the DM. The only problem I ran into was with SplashID. The data files for it got corrupted during the upgrade and it took a while to straighten it out. I had backed up the SplashID database on my laptop before starting, so it wasn't too much trouble to delete the app on the BB, reinstall it, and sync a couple of times to get it all straightened out.
    I just upgraded to the official Verizon version of 4.5, and my SplashID data got corrupted again, with gibberish showing up in all the fields when I opened it on the 8830. A quick trip over to the SplashData.com forums provided the solution -- before you do an OS upgrade on any BlackBerry, turn off the password on both the BB and desktop versions of SplashID and sync them. After the OS upgrade is complete, you can put a password back onto both copies of SplashID and sync again to re-encrypt everything.

    There is something about the data being encrypted that causes it to be corrupted when the BlackBerry OS upgrade process backs it up and tries to restore it. Decrypting it first by removing the password should let it move back and forth intact.
    04-23-09 07:34 AM
  4. bubbawat's Avatar
    I see a couple of folks asking about losing calendar events and browser after upgrade.

    the calendar is there but it is listed on an assumed primary Email addy and not what you have designated as primary Email addy. If you backed up to your desktop or you sync with outlook it can be fixed. Either restore or simply clear your calendar and sync with outlook to get all back to normal.

    You need to send service books from your BIS to restore the browser and other functions.

    Hope this helps.
    10-21-09 10:31 PM
129 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD