Paul,
    I to have an Alltel 8830, one week old. I tried to install the ungrade with no luck. It would not show up on my applications desktop. I tried to delete the xml file, but I think I deleted the wrong file.
    I called Alltel, friday 3/7/08. They said if it isn't broken don't try to fix it. They said they have had no problms with the current edition and you are wasting your time updating it. Absent someone who has updated an ALLTEL phone, these updates are for verizon and ATT, then I think I'll leave it alone. I can't even get the new 4.3 desktop to syn right and I am thinkin of deleting it and reinstalling Alltel software.
    03-09-08 03:19 PM
    I think this is a new one than what is posted. Enjoy, and the same instructions apply:
    1. Download
    http://https://www.blackberry.com/Do...311B13CFA321AA
    2. Delete Vendor.xml
    3. Install

Just read the begining of this post for full instructions. Enjoy
    03-10-08 11:48 PM
    Paul,
    I to have an Alltel 8830, one week old. I tried to install the ungrade with no luck. It would not show up on my applications desktop. I tried to delete the xml file, but I think I deleted the wrong file.
    I called Alltel, friday 3/7/08. They said if it isn't broken don't try to fix it. They said they have had no problms with the current edition and you are wasting your time updating it. Absent someone who has updated an ALLTEL phone, these updates are for verizon and ATT, then I think I'll leave it alone. I can't even get the new 4.3 desktop to syn right and I am thinkin of deleting it and reinstalling Alltel software.
    I have had my alltel 8830 we less than a week also, and i updated it just fine. Don't worry about alltel. The update works just fine, and they really dont care. Have fun and good luck
    03-11-08 12:03 AM
    Just did this the other day. i actually went to the BB website and found the new upgrade for Sprint. You can also simply Google whatever your company is and BB 8830 OS upgrade. It comes right up. This was you are not worrying about deleting the vendor.xml file. I am not sure what deleting that file does, but with being new to this and not knowing what I was doing I figured getting the correct software to start with was a good beginning. By the way I downloaded desktop software 4.3 and it DID NOT come with the new OS upgrade. I no longer have problems with text messages not deleting or missed calls. Seems like the problems are fixed!
    03-11-08 11:11 AM
    Just did this the other day. i actually went to the BB website and found the new upgrade for Sprint. You can also simply Google whatever your company is and BB 8830 OS upgrade. It comes right up. This was you are not worrying about deleting the vendor.xml file. I am not sure what deleting that file does, but with being new to this and not knowing what I was doing I figured getting the correct software to start with was a good beginning. By the way I downloaded desktop software 4.3 and it DID NOT come with the new OS upgrade. I no longer have problems with text messages not deleting or missed calls. Seems like the problems are fixed!
    Welcome aboard. Thanks for confirming OS update DID NOT come with DM 4.3v.

S/F
    03-11-08 11:38 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD