i just DL it.since i got no connection from my carrier i thought it must have been the OS Issue.but even after installing this new software,my connection wont restore. .
    07-23-09 03:18 AM
    has anyone had problems receiving calls since upgrading?

i dont think it has to do with my service because everything else works fine so im really confused

im using us cellular.
    07-24-09 02:36 PM
    has anyone had problems receiving calls since upgrading?

i dont think it has to do with my service because everything else works fine so im really confused

im using us cellular.

only problem I have is , I lose the ringer and all audio alerts until I do a battery pulll.
    07-24-09 02:39 PM
    that is a problem with the media player that haas yet to be identified, you will have no problems if you go back to .138 or use the .160 - 5.0 hybrid.
    07-24-09 04:31 PM
    that is a problem with the media player that haas yet to be identified, you will have no problems if you go back to .138 or use the .160 - 5.0 hybrid.
    Who is your reply to ?
    07-24-09 04:35 PM
    Who is your reply to ?

He was replying to you. Some of us have had a problem with 160 and the media player just quits working and that is probably why you are losing any audio. I still have the issue with the hybrid too.
    07-24-09 10:09 PM
    He was replying to you. Some of us have had a problem with 160 and the media player just quits working and that is probably why you are losing any audio. I still have the issue with the hybrid too.
    Thanks

I am not knowingly using the media player, but I guess TeleNav would work under it.

Where can I find an earlier version to downgrade it?
    07-24-09 10:17 PM
    Thanks for the update. Hope to learn more about this phone
    07-28-09 05:13 AM
    I'm on ver.138 and I get the same spontaneous "audio" outage. No audio related media of any kind works until I reboot. So in essence I have a state of the art cutting edge phone that can't ring. Now, if I understand correctly, I could go straight to RIM and get the most updated version of software/firmware and expect the exact same performance? Hang on while I call my broker to buy into RIM folks cause these guys are goin places! sorry to be a bit upset, but I just want a phone that I can count on ringing if someone calls me.
    07-29-09 12:06 PM
    Version .135 does not seem to have the audio problem issues. It is available from sprint via blackberry.com.
    07-29-09 03:24 PM
    Version .135 does not seem to have the audio problem issues. It is available from sprint via blackberry.com.
    I don't know if I can use the sprint version, but thanks for the info I'll find an equivalent Verizon source.
    07-29-09 04:06 PM
    I just got my replacement fone from TELUS and they had already updated this OS ..sweeeettt.
    thanks alot for the headsup.
    07-30-09 12:09 AM
    My 8830 became unlocked afte that, anyone noticed this?
    07-31-09 11:59 AM
    I don't know if I can use the sprint version, but thanks for the info I'll find an equivalent Verizon source.
    You can use the sprint version. Just remove the vendor.xml file. Instructions are linked from the first post in this thread.
    07-31-09 01:45 PM
    My 8830 became unlocked afte that, anyone noticed this?
    It's not possible to unlock a CDMA BlackBerry simply by installing an OS. What happened to make you think that it is unlocked?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 06:06 PM
    Just installed without a problem on a US Cellular, seems to be working great.
    08-05-09 07:56 PM
    With the new software, the refresh rat of the screen is virtually non existant! When I'm in the "surreal" theme I move the cursor up and down and all the icons mix together. I like this theme but it just runs far too slow. When I downgrade the problem is fixed. It was suggested to me that I do a factory restore of the blackberry and then update the software. Is this a good idea?

P.S By doing a factory restore would all my contacts be saved if I'v already synced with my desktop software?

All my preloaded pictures are gone too. Is that normal?

Please help !
    08-06-09 11:06 AM
    Sorry for the delay Jeff, before I installed the new OS inserting a sim card was giving me a network active, now it is disabled. I am able to test it on my storm with a T-mobile UK sim on Roges 3G GSM but not with the 8830. I consulted with Cellunlock and Reed on another tread and they agree. I axious to try it London next month.

Regards.
    08-07-09 09:27 AM
    Sorry, I still don't understand. You put a SIM card in your 8830 before upgrading to .160 and got network active. After upgrading to .160, the SIM card is disabled? Are you doing your tests in the US? The GSM frequencies in the 8830 are European GSM frequencies, not North American. I would expect the 8830 to work on a London GSM carrier with a local SIM. It won't work in the US on GSM, regardless of SIM. Are we maybe talking past each other?
    08-07-09 09:06 PM
    Old school i love it!
    08-09-09 08:29 AM
    Sooo, installed no issues... Used crackmem for the first time. Much more free memory than .138 (woohoo). The memory leak is also BY FAR less. Leaks nonetheless. Probably some issue with Viigo.

Does seem to be hourglassing a lot more tho and freezing for a moment while doing multiple IM's and SMS/email coming in.

Debating about trying the 5.0 hybrid, not seeing much action now in either thread tho.

Any thoughts hourglassing? Free memory is at around 11 meg on boot. But .138 was going lower (8-6meg!) and working ok.

Comments? Maybe JL wipe and exe loader? Is that a cleaner install than crackmem would do?
    08-13-09 04:51 PM
    The only complaint I had about .160 was the media processor busy error.
    I am on the .160/5.0 hybrid with the old 8830 and the free memory jumped up about 4MB from .160.
    Give it a shot!
    08-14-09 12:03 AM
    Sooo, installed no issues... Used crackmem for the first time. Much more free memory than .138 (woohoo). The memory leak is also BY FAR less. Leaks nonetheless. Probably some issue with Viigo.

Does seem to be hourglassing a lot more tho and freezing for a moment while doing multiple IM's and SMS/email coming in.

Debating about trying the 5.0 hybrid, not seeing much action now in either thread tho.

Any thoughts hourglassing? Free memory is at around 11 meg on boot. But .138 was going lower (8-6meg!) and working ok.

Comments? Maybe JL wipe and exe loader? Is that a cleaner install than crackmem would do?
    .160 is significantly better than .138. You won't get any different load using JL_Cmder and the exe loader. After CrackMem removes the files you want removed, it uses the same loader. I didn't experience a lot of hour-glassing, but I am not a heavy IM user.
    08-14-09 05:27 AM
    Thanks Jeff...

I am actually also seeing more hourglassing "in general"and of course sluggish function at those times and really just general hesitation moving around in the phone sometimes...

Hmmm, I'm contemplating a re-install. I wiped it with crackmen. But, it stalled and error-ed at one point and I re-ran the instal. May run through it again... Something may not be quite right. Thanks!

Although I am using my own brew theme which I love. I may try an OEM theme and see if that may be part of of it.
    08-14-09 06:37 AM
    Sorry for the delay again, I was out on assingment, no I did not try it with a US carrier, but it works everywhere else in Europe. I know it sounds strange but the fact is before the OS upgrade the network was active and afte it was disabled and for me that is weird.
    08-17-09 08:41 AM
212 ... 6789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD