That can be fixed check this thread... http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/131...8330-a-238971/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 05:15 PM
    Something strange I just noticed today....

Occasionally, during calls, I will hear a "squeak" on the line. The other person cannot hear it, but this is new since upgrading to .160.

I wonder if it's related, or just crappy coverage in my current location....?
    I noticed that too. I thought they added something to occasionally signal that the line was muted. I haven't noticed it when I was not muted, but I haven't really been looking.
    06-02-09 10:03 PM
    well i have finally decided that Im gonna download .160 for my 8330 VZN. I was just woundering what is the .131/.160 hybrid I hear everyone talking about.
    06-02-09 10:50 PM
    It is the .131 OS with the .160 OS radio.

06-03-09 01:26 AM
    It is the .131 OS with the .160 OS radio.

Isn't it the other way around....160 OS w/ .131 RF?
    06-03-09 10:15 AM
    Looks like my issues were network related. A friend of mine confirmed some problems with BIS connections. Now that it is resolved, .160 is working good. So far the battery life seems to be a lot better than .127.
    06-03-09 05:20 PM
    I'm just glad the call timer is back! Memory seems to be alittle more stable. This OS will be my last upgrade because I'm hoping to get the Tour soon!
    06-03-09 08:44 PM
    Isn't it the other way around....160 OS w/ .131 RF?
    Yes it is sorry

06-03-09 10:09 PM
    Very strange stuff:

Right after the upgrade:

1) None of the factory ringtones/sounds are there anymore
    2) Can only edit a part of the profile (i.e. Desktop Messages but NOT SMS Messages)

Anyone?

Thanks!
    06-03-09 11:34 PM
    � few others have had these issues as well.

You may have gotten a bad download.

Try re-downloading the OS.

06-04-09 01:06 AM
    This is my first post on here and it simply to say thank you to all of you that offer a post or a program(crackmem) or links etc... Whatever it may be. To me, it is all very much appreciated.

I just used crackIT to remove my old companies IT Policy - worked fantastic.

Then I downloaded DM 4.6 going on the advice of you, got the link from you.

Downloaded .160 from a link provided by you, installed it using crackmem - provided by you.

My phone is an 8830 from VZW and is smokin now.

Thank you very much to everyone.

Now for my feedback.

I believe the last two upgrades I did (138 and whatever the one before it was) were not so good. Unless I was imagining things, my memory was no where near what it is with 160 - this thing is so much faster.

Secondly, my web browsing seemed terrible with the other upgrades. Pages taking forever to load or failing etc ... That is also gone now.

Finally, my radio seemed like it would go wacky - signal would shoot up and down, switch to different bands etc ... I actually thought the phone might be broken due to a drop down a flight of stairs. I am not 100% sure but I think that is gone as well.

EDIT
    I was also (I think) having issues with BB MSG with msg's haing issues getting sent - that also seems to have gone away.
    EDIT

Now that the IT Policy is gone, I finally have youmail working and my phone is fast - so happy.

Thanks a million everyone.

Last edited by crackmonger; 06-04-09 at 09:25 AM.
    06-04-09 07:33 AM
    � few others have had these issues as well.

You may have gotten a bad download.

Try re-downloading the OS.

Thanks, blackngray70!

I reinstalled .160 (on my VZ 8830WE) from the link this thread (the Alltell version) and it seemed to sort all the problems, except one strange one:

After changing the tone a few times (within the same edit) on any part of the profile - the sound goes away completely for all parts of the profile. To fix this I have to re-boot the phone.

Weird! but I suppose all bugs are! unless you or anyone has a fix?

Don't worry if not - I'm planning to get the new 9630 when it's finally out and can live with this issue until then.

Thanks again!
    06-04-09 03:34 PM
    Will im back to update my finding. I have noone to praise for my down load. LOL JK. I did have a few problem dl the file from Blackberry.com, however i was dl at peak hour. The memory issue has been reduced and my MMS are being sent faster. I still have all my manufactor ringer. All in all I lov this new OS.
    Can't wait till leak of OS 5.0
    If it already out please share
    06-04-09 06:08 PM
    Thanks, blackngray70!

I reinstalled .160 (on my VZ 8830WE) from the link this thread (the Alltell version) and it seemed to sort all the problems, except one strange one:

After changing the tone a few times (within the same edit) on any part of the profile - the sound goes away completely for all parts of the profile. To fix this I have to re-boot the phone.

Weird! but I suppose all bugs are! unless you or anyone has a fix?

Don't worry if not - I'm planning to get the new 9630 when it's finally out and can live with this issue until then.

Thanks again!
    You're welcome

The profiles crashing or muting seems to be a common issue with this OS.

Some of us 8330 users are working on a fix for it. Check out the hybrid threads in the 83xx forum.

06-04-09 06:24 PM
    Upgrading from 4.5.0.138 to 4.5.0.160 on my Verizon 8830 fixed one very frustrating problem that I had with 4.5.0.138. With .138, after I finished a phone call, it could take 5-6 minutes or longer before data connectivity would be restored and emails delivered. With 4.2.2.196, data would be delivered within seconds of the end of a call, so I know the issue started with 4.5.0.138. 4.5.0.160 does NOT have the same problem. Data connectivity is restored within seconds again.

My power off button was hidden when I did the upgrade to 4.5.0.160. It stayed hidden. I have unhidden and hidden it again successfully.

My file free seems to be a little lower, but it is stable. I don't have any memory issues.

I have not noticed a squeal on phone calls, but one of the other Mods has reported it.

Overall I am very satisfied with the upgrade to 4.5.0.160.
    06-05-09 06:27 AM
    Just finshed my Upgrade from 4.5.0.138 to 4.5.0.160 on my Verizon 8830. Love having my phone timer back and the extra memory rocks!
    06-05-09 09:38 AM
    just had my first lock up with .160, was on a call, ended the call I noticed the call did not end, got a im at the same time, had "hour glass" for 3 minutes. did a battery pull.... So I'll see what happens now.
    06-05-09 10:30 AM
    I have been getting this error on a fairly regular basis, but I think I may have figured out what causes it. It seems to be caused by trying to run several apps that do media processing simultaneously. For example, running pandora and the media app (even if the media app is paused), or going to youtube when listening to music. I am not sure if message alerts or calls affect this, I generally run in "phone only" mode.

I will keep an eye on this over the next few days.
    Alerting for incoming calls, and the phone alarm are affected by the "Device media processor busy" error that I saw. No audio is produced for these alerts after this error is received, also as I said before, no new music files can be played.

I have not noticed any specific actions that cause the phone to drop into this state, but it is very annoying.

Other than that error, this release has been great, memory leak seems to be gone.

Unrelated, I have also noticed that the shift-alt-delete reset is not as reliable as a battery pull for actually resetting the device with this release. It does seem to boot a little faster than .135 though.

Maybe we will get a .161 or something soon.
    06-05-09 02:09 PM
    If you want to simulate a battery pull using ALT+shift+delete then you have to do it twice in a row. The first time you do it, as soon as the white screen comes on do it again and it will do a hard reset.

Just FYI incase you didn't know

06-05-09 02:32 PM
    My power off button was hidden when I did the upgrade to 4.5.0.160. It stayed hidden. I have unhidden and hidden it again successfully.
    Strange. There is no hide option for my power icon, only move. It was hidden when I upgraded and was unhidden after the upgrade finished. I had this problem before I upgraded to .135 too.
    06-05-09 02:35 PM
    Strange. There is no hide option for my power icon, only move. It was hidden when I upgraded and was unhidden after the upgrade finished. I had this problem before I upgraded to .135 too.
    That sounds more like a theme issue than an OS issue. Are you using something other than one of the BBDimension themes?
    06-05-09 02:57 PM
    If you want to simulate a battery pull using ALT+shift+delete then you have to do it twice in a row. The first time you do it, as soon as the white screen comes on do it again and it will do a hard reset....
    This doesn't hurt anything, but I've never been able to tell that it did anything more than a single Alt-R.Shft-Del on my 8830. Others swear by it, I know. What do you see as the benefit of a double reset over a single reset? More memory recovered?
    06-05-09 03:00 PM
    Thank you, works great
    06-05-09 05:06 PM
    upgrading to the OEM .160 telus release. Will report findings shortly.

While rebooting I noticed my hourglass changed form blue to yellow

Scratch that, only yellow when rebooting.
    All apps and calendar are fine, did the upgrade with DM 4.5

I got about 4 MB more memory, and it is running MUUUUCH smoother.
    Last edited by GBean; 06-05-09 at 05:30 PM.
    06-05-09 05:11 PM
    This doesn't hurt anything, but I've never been able to tell that it did anything more than a single Alt-R.Shft-Del on my 8830. Others swear by it, I know. What do you see as the benefit of a double reset over a single reset? More memory recovered?
    A double reset does the same thing as a battery pull.

06-05-09 05:40 PM
212 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD