I have a WE 8830 BB and I love it. I am having trouble w/ the BB DM. I have in/un stalled several times. The BB shows working but when I dbl click any of the icons (media manager) nothing happens. I am running vista.
    02-03-08 12:06 PM
    Would help if we knew what version of DM you were running. In Vista it needs to be 4.2 SP2 or 4.3. Anything else will not run reliably. If you need an upgrade, uninstall what you have, reboot and got BlackBerry.com for the newest versions.
    02-03-08 12:12 PM
    I made attempt to find the version but someting strange occured my icons are active when I am not connect to BB.

I am running version 4.2.2.12 (March 19, 2007).

Is this suppose to occur? I am not good with electronics but I am using this site to get more savvy.
    02-03-08 12:23 PM
    That should work fine. I ran that on Vista Ultimate for months before finally going to 4.3. You can try 4.3 if you wish, others have reported issues, I didn't have any.
    02-03-08 12:27 PM
    Would you know why I can dbl click icons when I am disconnected from DM and BB. When I am connect the icons go inactive
    02-03-08 12:38 PM
    Couple things for you to try. First, wait to make sure it isn't doing something in the background you don't know about before trying to click on an icon. Second, once connected, try unplugging the usb cable for a few seconds and reconnecting the cable.
    02-03-08 12:44 PM
    I have downloaded the version 4.3, awaited a few and unpluged. No luck.

Any other suggestions?
    02-03-08 12:54 PM
    Are you connecting through a USB hub?
    02-03-08 12:59 PM
    I am using the USB cable that came with the BB.

I have my BB usb connected to the media Manager (Roxio). It has pulled all the ringtones from the BB. I am still disconnected from the DM.
    02-03-08 01:08 PM
    Verify that you have the connection settings for DM set correctly to USB.

With the BB disconnected, launch DM.
    Choose Options > Connection Settings.
    Make sure that Connection: is set to USB and click OK.
    Connect your BB.
    02-03-08 01:24 PM
    Did you uninstall 4.2 and restart prior to installing 4.3?
    02-03-08 02:54 PM
    I am having a similar issue. Running v4.2.2.176 and Vista Home Premium v6. BB connects for a while and I can transfer some files via Roxio, then it disconnects in the middle of the transfer. Then I have to disconnect the USB cable and reconnect. Works for a while, then stops. Same thing happens if I try transferring files dirctly via win explorer rather than using Roxio. I've gotten to the point where I remove the 4 gb memory card and plug it into the PC card reader slot and transfer that way. Works fine this way, but a pain to have to remove the mem card. Must be something on my Vista system because my BB works fine when connected to my XP laptop. Maybe it is some type of device contention?
    02-03-08 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD