Hi Everybody,
    I just bought an 8830WE off Ebay from a reputable seller (not stolen, etc.) and have a few questions I hope you can answer. I really have no clue how to get started, as it's my first Blackberry. How do I find my PIN? Do I have to do anything with the SIM card? I haven't gotten it in the mail yet, but I hope to be able to start it up ASAP because I hate my current phone (and of course Verizon won't help me out)! I know I have to download the manual. Really, any tips would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
    02-04-09 09:40 PM
    Pin should be under Options, then Status
    02-04-09 09:41 PM
    You are better off waiting til you get it and playing around with it. Do your homework until then, especially if this is your first BB
    02-04-09 09:42 PM
    The 8830 is one of my fav devices ever made lol. Thats also why i own one. But you can find your pin by going to options>status and you will see your PIN. As for your sim card thats confusing me since your profile says your on verizon which is CDMA and doesnt use sim cards. You should be able to call verizon CS and have them switch your ESN in the computer and guide you through the programming. As for getting started i would read up on the newbie section on here and also look over the lectures they really help ALOT. The best way to really start learning is to be on the forums and dont be scared to ask any questions.
    02-04-09 09:44 PM
    An easy way to share your pin is to type the words my pin without the space in any type of message.... Text or email. After you type the words my pin(again no space)it will tell you the number and whoever gets the message can just copy and paste. But make sure you hit the space bar AFTER the n in pin. Also works with my ver and my number.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 11:38 AM
    I did the same thing and bought mine off ebay. It was also my first BB and have had it for two weeks. I downloaded the manual on line to learn some and when it came I just walked into the Verizon store an said I wanted to switch from my current phone. The rep at Verizon changed it in the computer and I was all set. One word of warning is that my current plan (premium) wouldn't work with BB and I had to change my plan to the standard and then add the unlimited email and web package to cover data usage.
    02-05-09 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD