Hi all,

Im a new Crackberry owner just picked up the 8830 a little bit ago. Tried doing a search and looking at the how-to forums but did not see this on on there. I got the $30 a month plan for unlimited data usage and 10 email accounts no text messaging.

Im trying to use the browser but when I open the browser it says

"Your device does not currrently have any Browser Configuration servic eBook Entries.

Please contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your device."

Does this mean I dont have internet on this phone? or does it cost more money per month?

Thanks
    03-01-08 09:12 PM
    Nope just call your provider and have them send your service books.
    03-01-08 09:13 PM
    thanks, im trying to call them now
    03-01-08 09:17 PM
    Or you could just go into Options/Advanced/Host Routing Table and hit Menu/Register handheld. That will send you all the basic features service books for the device. If that doesn't work then the VZW monkey that sold you the phone didn't properly provision your account for Blackberry service. Good luck.
    03-01-08 09:37 PM
    Thanks alot, I called Verizon and they told me the same thing, and now its surfin...

Thanks again
    03-01-08 09:42 PM
    No problemo.
    03-01-08 09:43 PM
    I think you can do *228 option 2 also
    03-02-08 07:40 AM
    I think you can do *228 option 2 also
    That doesn't do Blackberry provisioning of service books, which is what was needed in this case. The problem has been fixed anyway, so the problem was solved. *228, opt1 or *22899 activates the CDMA OTA programming of the phone and enables certain base functions on your account as well as PRL updates. *228, opt2 just updates the PRL, which only controls the CDMA radio's tower selection logic. Just FYI.
    03-02-08 05:44 PM
    Ok, this what I got out of the last post- wtf! *228 pretty much activates your phone right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-08 09:02 PM
    Ok, this what I got out of the last post- wtf! *228 pretty much activates your phone right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It activates your voice part, but doesn't provision all the Blackberry stuff to it. That must be done through the Register Handheld in Host Routing Table. The BB is different then other smartphones. There's two provisioning steps on it. Other MS based ones you just dial *22899 and it provisions everything, including Internet Access and stuff like that. The BB has different provisioning steps.... for all carriers. Get it now?
    03-06-08 11:54 PM
    omg
    thank u all so very much
    i was sure i will never с my browser again!!!!!!!!!!!

happy new year!!!!
    12-31-08 05:53 PM
    okay well I have an Unlocked Blackberry Storm thats on the AT&T network.. is there ANYWAY possible to use the internet since there is not browser button on the main menu?? any advice would be greatly appreciated
    01-04-10 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD