I just started using the Blackberry 8830 (first time bb user) and am syncing the device with MS Entourage on a Mac. I could use help with the following problem...the second time I tried syncing the Blackberry with Entourage it took over 15 minutes. Before the device finished syncing, I had to attend a meeting so I canceled the sync and turned off the bb. Since then, the bb takes an extended period of time to go from one application to another, and has crashed a couple of times. The first time it crashed, I received the message, "uncaught exception: application net_rim_bb_calendar_app (131) is not responding; process terminated". The second and third time it crashed, the messages, "App Error 523 and 552" popped up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    01-08-08 07:12 PM
    Pull the battery and put it back in. Welcome to the world of BB reboot procedure.
    01-08-08 08:37 PM
    Thanks for the help. I tried re-booting by taking out the battery, but the device still crashes with the "App Error 552" message. Any other suggestions?
    01-09-08 01:00 PM
    Well, if you had a PC I'd ask you to go into Desktop Manager and go into Backup/Advanced and just delete the calendar database off the phone. It's possible a corruption in that database is causing this. But alas, you have a dreaded Mac. You could always do a wipe of the BB and put your stuff back on after that.
    01-09-08 04:56 PM
    I installed INSTASPELL and now I'm getting the 552 error message.

I just installed InstaSpell on my 8830. It deleted ALL of my text messages (over 300) and was working on deleting my e-mails from all of the accounts before I was able to get it stop (doing whatever it was doing). I'm waiting on a reply from the company as to why this happened and how to recover the messages. I'm also trying to contact my service provider for the same assistance, but after the download, my calls continue to drop within the first two minutes (while I'm still on hold waiting for a representative). I'll keep try to keep the forum updated with whatever happens, but if you download the software - BEWARE!
    12-02-08 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD